Monday, August 6, 2012

Problems...Always problems.

I was going to mow this morning while it is fairly cool (comparative anyhow). The mower tried to start a couple of times so I let it set for a minute and then tried again. It tried again. But then nothing. It sounded like the battery. I called Bobby but he was in his therapy (I temporarily forgot about that) and could not do anything to help.

I decided I would get that battery out myself and found a few tools to help me after I located where it was located. I got the bolts out but it had a large metal brace holding it in. I found Bob's manual and learned that the chassis has to come off before you can loosen that brace and take out the battery. I seem to remember Bob turning that mower up on end somehow but couldn't figure out how I could do that even if I could lift it without damaging the spark plug.

So I just broke down and called Carter's. They will call me back when they can come get it. I will just have to bite the bullet and have them do it. It needs a good going over anyhow. It's filthy and if I had more time this morning, I would clean it up. And I must quit calling on Bobby for everything anyhow.

Grrrr

2 comments:

marlu said...

Margie, you do so much to help others - I'm sure others are glad to help you when they can!

Hope these cool mornings mean some relief is coming during August.

Margie's Musings said...

It helps, Marlu, but it still got to be 100 degrees before bedtime last night.

I just hate to ask for help..especially in this weather.

Thanks for commenting.