Monday, November 19, 2012

Another Monday

Today I will do some house cleaning and tonight I will bake my cakes for tomorrow. This morning I will fix chicken tetrazzini for lunch/dinner. Tomorrow we may eat at Big Cheese if Bob goes with me for a haircut with Carol. Wednesday we will probably eat our chicken tetrazzini leftovers. Wednesday evening I will bake my pies. Outside of preparations for Thanksgiving, I have nothing scheduled for this week.

Friday I will help with decorating the church for Christmas.

More later...

I had a huge day at work. I really didn't even get finished. When I got home from work I baked my two cakes for the dinner tomorrow at the First Christian Church in Independence, KS. I will ice them in the morning.

Bob and I will leave at 8:30 in the morning to take the cakes to Independence and both of us will get a haircut afterward. Then we will stop at Big Cheese and have their mini pizza.

He came over this evening and I iced his cake and then we watched part two of the Dust Bowl on PBS. That was quite a program. We each had a cup of tea and some of his banana nut bread. It was quite good. Now I have taken my bath and will go on to bed. I am very tired.

3 comments:

marlu said...

The Dust Bowl was really interesting and ended with a warning about using up the aquifer.

Ken Burns always uses his skills to report history in a fascinating
way. I remember my mother putting wet rags around the windows. We lived in Hutchinson. That is all I remember about it (born in '31)

Margie's Musings said...

I was born in 1935 so I don't remember it at all, Marlu. But I remember the war.

clairz said...

That Dust Bowl film was amazing. It was so sad that people going to California to escape the awful conditions on the plains were greeted with such terrible prejudice.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Margie!