Saturday, February 9, 2013

Different Saturday

I got up at 3:30 to go to the bathroom and noticed my face was red and swollen. I also had a sore arm. I took an Aleve for the arm so I could go back to sleep.

At 5:30 when I awoke, I was startled to find the bed was soaked and when I looked in the mirrors, my face was more swollen and beet red. I called Bob and got dressed. When he got here, just before 6:00, he took one look at me and said, "We need to go to the emergency room."

That's what we did. Dr. Christiansen, who was manning the emergency room, said what I had was cellulitis. A sinus infection had come through the skin and swollen my face and caused it to be beet red. They gave me 50 MGs of some sort of antibiotic IV before releasing me. The doctor said it will get worse before it gets better. I don't know what to expect. The literature says my face could peel or I could get a secondary infection. This could be a real mess.

Do you wonder that I don't have much use for doctors? I had just seen Dr. Gillis yesterday morning at 9:00. He said what I had was just a "common cold". I knew better. I was blowing blood every time I blew my nose and huge pieces of what I thought could be sinus tissue came out once or twice a day. At the least, I thought I had a sinus infection and an antibiotic would help that but he was determined that it was just the "common cold".

Doctors!

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Please take care Margie. Glad you went to the Dr. and got started on antibiotics. It's a sometimes serious disease. Rest...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

I know. I looked up information about it It can be fatal. From the face, it can spread to the brain.

I am saying home tomorrow from church. I haven't been out of the house today and Bob has stayed here with me all day.

pat m said...

Sounds like you need a new primary MD...there are good ones. I got one plus I've worked with them. Plus if you are skeptible