Monday, April 22, 2013

Busy Monday Again

I came home yesterday afternoon to find a lot of mail and papers. My brother-in-law had taken care of my cat, Missy, but she was angry I had been gone. When I am here, she doesn't let me far from her sight. She meowed pitifully. She hates being left alone.

My church passed legislation allowing same sex couples to be married where they are allowed by the states and to have covenant relationships recognized by the church where they are not. They will also be able to be ministers in our church if they are called. The legislation was passed by 79% of the delegates. The bulk of the conference membership evidently recognized that Jesus accepted the marginalized of his society.

The Conference was nine days altogether. Three days was the USA National Conference. The other six days were the World Conference.

I am presently baking two cakes for the dinner at independence at the Disciples of Christ (Christian Church) tomorrow evening. We supply several.

I still need to vacuum and dust. I started to do it before I left but decided I wouldn't be here to enjoy the clean house and Missy would just get her hair all around so I will try to get that done this afternoon.

Bob brought over some soup he had fixed while I was gone and we had that for lunch. It was very good. Tomorrow we both have haircut appointments in Independence after we deliver the cakes and we will eat at Big Cheese after that.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

Welcome back, Margie. Hope your trip went well.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

It was fine, Balisha. But I am really tired. Thanks for the good wishes!