Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tuesday at Camp

I had another good night's sleep last night. I awoke at 4:15 for the usual reasons but I got back to sleep for another hour. This morning we will have morning devotions around the new flagpole. I will ask Karan to come up with a service for that. Breakfast will be at 8:00. Ray had a very good sermon last night and Karin will be preaching this evening again. She also has the adult class this morning after the Sharing in Community service. She is an excellent teacher. But we moved her into the lodge from now on because she is affected by the heat outside in the tabernacle.

We had our homemade ice cream last night after the evening services. There were a lot of choices on flavors. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and I certainly ate my fill. The children had a trough of ice cream outside and made sundaes out of that. They always love to do that. The camp is full of children. Last I heard there were 108 both adults and children registered.

Before I can take any more photos, I will have to get some double A batteries. Mine died yesterday.

More later...

We had breakfast and a worship service today and afterward we had our snack and went to our classes. Then we had lunch. I spent an hour helping clean up after lunch. Then we had a worship service to celebrate our new flag pole. Karan planned it and it went off beautifully. Now we are having rest time.

At 2:30 when we get up we will have swimming and canteen. Then we will have our special event. That will be a carnival for the kids. At 5:00 they will serve supper. Then evening worship begins at 6:45. The canteen opens again after the service. Then at 8:30 following that service, we will have watermelon. Lights out is at 10:30. That's our day's activities. So far it is going well. There are no huge problems.

I spoke too soon. An elderly man and his wife came on the grounds about 4:00 and he fell and broke his hip. It took awhile but the ambulance finally came and took him away to the hospital. Thank goodness my co-director, Melissa, is a doctor.

Here are some more photos from camp.

The captions are as follows...in order.

Debbie Junior and Senior High teacher

Kevin the camp caretaker

Bob, head deacon

Dale, Arlene, and Steve cooks

nail painting at the children's carnival

kids carnival

Elizabeth who was in charge of getting evening worship presiders

Helen who does puppets

Jenna who made my ankle bracelet

Ken in charge of dining hall

Nolan and Rusty at kids carnival

Nolan making balloon animals

Dr Melissa, my co-director

No comments: