Monday, August 26, 2013

A Fairly Busy Monday

Today will be fairly busy. There will be exercises at 9:00 until 9:45 and then home again to plan lunch. We will finish our tuna casserole and I will need to fix some veggies. Bob will bring a salad of some sort. I have some mixed fruit for dessert. Then this afternoon I will bake my two cakes and ice them when they're cool.

Other then that, there's not too much going on.

I slept pretty well last night. I took two Aleve with a glass of milk before I went to bed. That worked until slightly after 4:00 when I awoke with my right arm aching. The mystery continues.

Barbara told us last night at Living the Questions that she is moving to Missouri to be near her daughters. She has developed some health problems and needs to be nearer them. They insisted. She hates to leave her friends and in some ways I think that is a problem but perhaps she can make new friends there. Jack and Marilyn did not come last night. Jack can no longer manipulate those steps at Bobby and Karan's house. My place does not have steps. I hope they can come in two weeks when I have the group here. If not, I may have it at their house. I would take my dessert and also paper products so Marilyn would not have "clean up". Getting old is not for sissies that's for sure.

I am looking forward to my Thursday lunch with Myra. We always have a lot to share.

We had a pretty nice warmed up lunch. We had the rest of the tuna casserole and some corn on the cob I got out at John and Leslie's Saturday afternoon. It was delicious. I also had Bob's salad and some mixed fruit for dessert. I am baking my two cake snow and will ice then this evening after they cool this afternoon. I also made a dozen cupcakes from the amount that would have been too full in those shallow cake pans.

Bob is probably over there at his house baking his too.

More later...

No comments: