Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thursday and the Dentist

I have a dental appointment this morning at 8:20. I have my teeth cleaned and have an exam every six months. I lost a three unit bridge last year because of a botched root canal that finally blew up. The root canal was probably ten or fifteen years old. It blew up a month or so after the root canal and I had to see an endadontist to have it redone. That blew up too after I had spent a total $1600 on it. I was going to have the tooth extracted but after a round of antibiotics it mysteriously cleared up and I chose to keep the tooth. It was my bridge abutment tooth. I was advised against that because an infection like that can affect your heart. But I weighed everything and decided to keep the tooth. It took fifteen years for it to finally become infected again and this time I had it extracted. It had split at the root. Now I have a gap from my second molar to my cuspid on the lower right jaw but there is nothing I can do about it. At my age, I am not going to spend $3600 for new four unit bridge. I told my dentist (who that bugs to death) that I was in maintenance mode now. I brush and floss daily and that's the best I can do.

After the dental appointment, I will call the Honda agency in Bartlesville where I bought my car and see if the little part came in yesterday. They were supposed to have called me when it came in and they may have tried. I saw I had a missed call on my phone when I cleaned it up at bedtime last evening. The part was a little cap that goes over a screw that holds the windshield wiper on the driver's side. The cap is fine on the riders side. It will cost $3.99 and probably plus tax. If it has come in I will run down there and pick it up. While there, I may run to the mall and get some more hand soap at the Bed and Bath shop there. I use a lot of hand soap washing my hands.

Other then that, I will fix lunch today. I will fix chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad. I will also fix a dessert of some kind. I will send the leftovers home with Bob. I have a date with Marilyn and the girls for lunch tomorrow and that will give him something to eat for his lunch too.

Scott, my younger son, called yesterday and we had a nice visit. He is over to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri for a school for the Army. He has no down time so he can't drive over to see me. I was tempted to drive over there to see him but I have this dental appointment, tomorrow I am to decorate and get the senior center ready for Saturday evening and Saturday I have the PINCH pot luck dinner. I believe he flies back to Hawaii on Friday anyhow. I haven;t seen him in over two years. Some of that is my own fault. He has offered to bring me over for a visit but I have Missy to take care of and I don't like to fly anymore since all the nonsense that goes on at the airports anymore with Homeland Security.

More later...

After lunch Bob and I went down to Bartlesville to get the car part. Wouldn't you know...it was the wrong one for the wrong side. The parts manager reordered it and said he would put it in the mail to me tomorrow.

No comments: