Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Busy Saturday

Today I will meet Bob for breakfast at Eggberts and then come back home to make my chili. I'm supposed to be at the Amazing Grace church at 10:00.  I am not going to take a cake. I don't want to bring cake back home. I will bake a couple of cakes on Monday for Tuesday's dinner at Independence's Christian Church. I always make a few cupcakes out of that batter.

I am to do the welcome and the explanation about what the PINCH organization is all about and what it's mission is supposed to be and invite folks to investigate it and join if they are interested. 

After the service, we will serve a free chili and soup lunch  with cake for dessert.

We will need to go back to Joplin pretty soon. Bob bought some house slippers at Macy's and even though they were supposed to be his size, they were too small.  He wants to exchange them.

More later....

Well, the service was a success. We had between 75 and 100 there and everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. Many of them stayed for the chili, soup and cake. Some brought large cases of bottled water. The speaker was very enthusiastic.

I brought chili home with me. I tried a new recipe this time and I don't like it as well as my old one. I will probably freeze this leftover chili since Bob and I had chili a short time ago.  

I have worked on the bulletin for next week's service when I am presiding.  I have it finished now.  It's 3:30 so it's been along afternoon.

Missy is lying here in the rattan chair by me sleeping off and on.

3 comments:

Balisha said...

Have a nice weekend. So glad that Bob is feeling better. You two lead busy lives.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, we do. But then most of us do. You do too, Balisha.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I am glad Bob is better and he probably was motivated by getting out to eat your cakes! :)

And now you have ME craving a piece of cake. Or maybe two...:)