Friday, January 24, 2014

Extremely Cold Friday

It was 5 degrees this morning. I went to Independence and had my hair done. I then stopped at the church and put some letters on the church's sign for the sign repair work. The man who is doing the repair needed to know the correct letter size. Then I came on home and Bob and I went to exercise class.

After that, we decided to go back to Joplin to Macy's so Bob could exchange his house slippers. He had bought the correct size but when he got home with them last week, they were too small. Remarkably, they were on the "one day" sale at Macy's. So when he bought the correct size, he got a special sale price and they refunded over three dollars. . Strange!

Then we got back home about 3:30. I lay down in the recliner with Missy in my lap and slept for at least an hour.  I must have been exhausted. The wind simply wears me out.  When  I got up and went out to get the paper, I found leaves all over the carport...real deep. I got my trash bag and scooped them up into it.  I knew if I swept them off the carport, they would just blow back on the doorway.

Bob came over this  evening and we watched PBS. Then since there was nothing else of any interest on, he went home to read the paper and I took my bath and put my pjs on. I have watched a couple of "In the First 48 hours programs and in an hour or so, I will go to bed.

Bob and I will have breakfast in the morning at Eggberts..


No comments: