Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Again and Exercises

There's not much going on today except for the exercise class.

I was petting Missy while we were still in bed this morning and she grabbed my hand with her paws and bit me on the left hand. It drew blood between my thumb and forefinger in that skin between them. I remember what Dr. Barta said about Missy's bite last year when she got into that fight. He said cat saliva is very toxic and that's why her bite then got so infected so I will call him this morning when he opens and see what he thinks I should do. It bled quite a bit but after trying  four bandaids, I finally got one to stick. I had some three antibiotic ointment and used that on it too.  I whopped her on the behind when it happened and bawled her out good so she knows she's done something bad.  I've always said if she ever bit me she would take a trip to Dr. Barta's and not come back home. Now I'm not sure what to do.

We will go to the exercise class at 9:00.  Afterward I will fix dinner. We will have some of the brisket John and Leslie sent home with me from the dinner after church yesterday. I will fix some brown gravy for it and mashed potatoes and a veggie and Bob will bring a salad.  I have some butterscotch pudding for dessert.

This afternoon I may make those peanut clusters for Greg and Bobby. I will give some to Bob too. Greg fixed Bob's mower without even charging him so that's why we are giving him some. Bobby helps me with anything I would usually call a handyman for and I can't do anything else for him. He won't let me pay him. He loves candy.

More later...

I called Dr. Barta, Missy's vet, about the bite I received on my hand. He said it was a 95% chance it would get infected and recommended I see a doctor.  I saw the nurse practitioner and that's what she said too. I got a tetanus shot and a prescription for some really high powered antibiotics that I am to take twice a day before meals. When I got home it was 11:30 and Bob suggested we go eat at Sirloin Stockade today and have our meat meal Wednesday. So that's what we did.

Then we stopped by V & S Variety and rented a DVD, "The Butler" ...that should be good tonight.

More later.....  
 
"The Butler" was a pretty good movie. It took us through the days of the civil rights conflict. It's amazing that we white people could be so racist as we evidently were in those days.  It was terrible being black before now. Actually, it's still a problem to them even today in many places. 

No comments: