Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Long Thursday

I didn't find the time yesterday to blog. I worked my three hours and then came home to make spaghetti for tonight's dinner.  Then I did some laundry and read the paper. Later Bob and I were invited over to Marilyn's for dinner. We had a wonderful dinner there and then stayed until 7:30 and visited.  I came home, took my bath and went to bed about 9:00. I slept really well.

Aime has not yet found me another place to transfer to. She has submitted my resume to two different places but has not heard back from either of them yet. I did not get paid today. She thinks the check is coming in the mail again even though it was supposed to be direct deposited.  She has e-mailed John and Wendy that I have to have supervision or she will have to remove me from their site.  She says it is a $10,000 fine if she leaves me there without supervision.  It is a violation of their regulations.  Aime says she cannot afford a $10,000 fine.

Since everyone there is a volunteer (except me) I can't see that they will comply. John and Wendy are leaving their volunteer posts as curators in December.  The city needs to take that museum over and budget for a curator.

More later....

A volunteer worked with me this morning and Wendy worked with me this afternoon. Maybe they will work it out.

We had the spaghetti I fixed yesterday for dinner this evening with garlic toast and applesauce. Then we had a couple of cookies for dessert.

I will need to pack this evening for our trip tomorrow. 

2 comments:

marlu said...

Interesting to find out there are some rules about your situation! Too bad they weren't followed sooner!

Margie's Musings said...

I had a volunteer working with me this morning and Wendy worked with me this afternoon.