Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Tuesday and Voting

The is election day and here it has been raining. I hope the rain doesn't suppress the vote. A small vote is good for the Republicans and a good turnout is good for Democrats. I went to vote at 7:00 this morning....as soon as the polls opened. I am hoping our present Governor, Brownback, will be defeated. He has just about ruined the state's economy. I am a registered Republican but I vote for the man after I have studied the issues. I have never voted the straight ticket and I have never missed voting in an election.

I had a hair appointment  in Independence at 9:00 and I wanted to go to the market before then.

I got my hair done and I have decided to have hamburgers and french fries for lunch today. So I got buns at the market too. I already had hamburger patties and potatoes.

I want to be ready for my job interview at 2:00. I hope that works out.

I slept well last night. Missy woke me up at 3:00 by tapping on my cheek. She had used the litter box and wanted it cleaned up. I really am staff you know.  I did manage to get back to sleep and slept until almost 5:00. Then I stripped my bed and washed the sheets and remade it after they were dry.  I had done the towels and underwear last night.

I had made a coffeecake last evening and I had a piece of that with my two cups of coffee this morning.  I sent a large piece home with Bob too.

They are preparing to tear down our Braums store this week. They say they are going to build a newer and larger one and open again in March.

More later....

Well I got the job!  Now all I have to do is wait for Aime to meet with Katie and do the paperwork. They can then decide when I can start. I will be doing odd jobs like putting away books, dusting shelves, making sure books have been put back in their proper place, and boxing up old books to ship away for recycling. Katie really was interested in my working Saturday afternoons too but I really don't want to do that. I like my weekends and really, I only want 20 hours a week. I will work afternoons five days a week.


4 comments:

Betty said...

Congratulations on the new job. I hope you enjoy it.

This has been a disappointing day for me and the Democrats, although it is no surprise. I read this afternoon about the numbers of elderly people rushing to the polls to vote Republican, because, as they say in exit polls, they are afraid of the cultural changes in the country. As if the Republicans can turn back the tide. People are just silly, aren't they?

So, they lined up to vote for the very people who will inflict the most pain on them.

Margie's Musings said...

You are so right, Betty! My opinion is that most ordinary people do not do any research before voting. They vote their emotions.

Balisha said...

So happy for you. You will be perfect for that job.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha! I think so too.