Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Birthday Tuesday

I slept very well last night and awoke to my 79th birthday. Bob dropped over early to tell me he had dropped his phone and it would no longer work. He stayed for some coffee and a few toasted rolls I brought home from Leslie's Thanksgiving dinner. After he left I called Kathy to apologize for forgetting my hair appointment yesterday and she gave me another for tomorrow at 10:00.

I will take my own car to exercises tomorrow so I can leave at 9:30 to get to that appointment. Leslie had gall bladder surgery yesterday done the old fashioned way and I forgot my hair appointment.  But Leslie is "super woman" in disguise. She had staples because they could not do stitches because of old scar tissue. But she had no pain.  So they let her go home this evening.  John brought her by in the car just before I took my bath and he brought my birthday gift from Leslie.....some bath oil to help me sleep and a wonderful Christmas candle. I have burned the candle this evening and the house smells lovely. Denise, my niece brought me one yesterday with a different fragrance burned it  yesterday evening. Both are simply wonderful!

I went up to see Leslie before I went to eat my birthday dinner at Sirloin Stockade at noon. Bob met me there for the lunch. Mine was to be free but I split the cost of Bob's and we both ate for less them $4. Then I went on to work.   

I had another huge day at work. Katie had recipes for me to laminate and then trim to size. Then I had a hundred DVDs to file away and the boxes to file in the bookcases. About the time I would get them all put away, another fifty would come in and I would start all over again. I left about 50 unfiled because 5:00 came and I left.

Just before I left work Bobby and Karan called and wanted to take me to supper for my birthday. I had eaten way too much lunch so I thanked them warmly but had to decline. They suggested tomorrow evening and I accepted their offer.  I will eat less tomorrow noon. That was wonderful of them to think of me.

One of my exercise class friends,  Beverly, brought me a fancy cookie up at the library and sang "Happy Birthday" to me.  When I got home, Marilyn called me and said she had a gift for me. If I see her at exercise class tomorrow, she will bring it. Bob brought me  a very nice "sister-in-law" card and fourteen people, including some of my grandchildren and my sons, wished me a "Happy Birthday" on facebook.   

It's been quite a birthday!

Now it is 9:15 and I will go to bed. Tonight I watched the special on PBS on Bing Crosby. My mother was one of his fans.

I am really tired! Goodnight!

1 comment:

Betty said...

Sounds as though you had a very happy birthday. I hope you have many more.