Friday, May 29, 2015

Back Home on Friday!

It's wonderful to be back home! It was an adventure but what an adventure! Last night, in Irving, near Dallas, we had between six and twelve inches of rain...all in one night.  When I turned on the weather at 5:00 this morning, I learned that much of Dallas was under two feet of water.  I was afraid I was not going to be able to get home today and would be stuck in that luxury hotel for another night or so.

As it was, we have a very clever shuttle driver. We saw lots of  people who had drowned out their cars trying to go to work or somewhere. But our driver took every possible detour and got us over to Love Field, which was not under water. Our plane was an hour late getting away but we got to Wichita in record time  and the bus driver they had arranged for got us to Independence, Kansas at 12:30.  Bob was there waiting for Carla and me. We took Carla back to Coffeyville and I went to the bank and cashed out the remaining cash in the cash card they had given us to pay for our meals. I will also be paid for 16 extra hours on my next paycheck. I took Bob out to eat for taking care of my Missy Kitty. When I walked into the apartment she hissed and spit at me. She got over her mad pretty quickly though and lay here near me in the den as I blog now.

In a little while, I will download some photos I took at the conference.  First I want to put away my clothing and the suitcase.

More later....

I still haven't unpacked. I went to get gas and wanted to work on my sermon for Sunday too. Also I wanted to download some of the photos from  the Conference I just attended.  My room was in a luxury hotel there in Irving.  The room was lovely. Her here some photos I took of it. This is the bed area.
This me.I took some photos of my fellow SIR workers and they insisted I had to have my photo taken too.
This is Rosie. She was one of my new friends there. We spent a lot of time together.

This is the lamp area next to the east window wall.
This is the television and coffee area. You can just barely see the coffee area to the west of the TV.

This is the view inside the bathroom door looking into the bathroom.
Here's that coffee area I was telling you all about.
This is Sylvia. She and I shared a lot of our classes. She's a lovely gracious woman.
This is the scene looking out that large window in my room.

The conference was all right but there were several snags that colored it. I was very glad to get home.



4 comments:

Sue said...

It is good to know you are back home safe and sound.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you Sue. I am so happy to be home!

Galla Creek said...

You look so youthful. I loved seeing the pictures!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you Sister--Three!