Thursday, July 9, 2015

Thursday and Housecleaning Day

Again, today I will do my laundry and clean the apartment. I will wait awhile to do that. Jeannie, my neighbor, is still asleep.

My friend John's wife died on Tuesday and the services are tomorrow at 2:00.  I will try to attend the services.  I will ask if I can work two hours tomorrow morning and two hours late tomorrow afternoon.

This morning I got up at 4:00. I was awake at 2:30 and didn't ever really get back to sleep. I should have taken a Benedril cap but I just didn't want to get up again. So undoubtedly, I will be very tired this evening.

We will have our leftover hamburger pie for lunch and have salad with it.  Then tomorrow we will have our leftover chili. I don't know what I will do on Saturday.  Sunday Bob and I will drive over to the church's campground for the services there.


More later....

Well, I got the apartment cleaned and everything shines. I also read a magazine. I have two to give to Bob for himself and Denise now.

I took Missy and went out on the carport to enjoy the rain. While we were out there, a tremendous clap of thunder hit and Missy immediately wanted to come back in. She's up on the sofa now....napping.

Bob is delivering Meals on Wheels for Barbara today so he will be a little later for lunch. He has a doctor's appointment in the morning so he will not go to exercise classes. I have given them up. I get plenty of exercise at work.

More even later...

Well, that was true! I did too aisles today and was even more exhausted. I also put away several baskets of DVDs and filed.

While I was scanning in the children's department, I had to put the tablet on a small stool. The children's department was full of children They had some sort of event going on over there and there were children and their parents everywhere.   Finally it thinned out. One child was going to pick up the tablet and I said "if she does that, I will lose all my work". The mother finally took her away. I was almost finished when I noticed my program was gone and the bars I was scanning were going onto some other page in the scanner. I went to find Katie over at the adult side and she had someone in her office with the door closed. Adrian and I searched the table by date for the correct page and finally found it. I had no idea where it skipped to a different page so I asked Cindy to look up the last bar code I had scanned. She found it and I searched through the books to find where I lost the tablet. I only lost about a dozen books so I rescanned those and finished the aisle. Whew!

When I went back to the adult side again, there were several more dozen DVDs to put away and I finally finished up  at 5:00. I go in about 20 minutes early so they get a bargain in me. Plus the program pays my salary so to the library, I am free.

I went home exhausted. Bob came over for awhile but went home early. He must have seen how tired I was. I took my bath and did my usual routine. I went to bed at 9:00.

No comments: