Monday, September 7, 2015

Monday Labor Day

I awoke at 4:00 AM again this morning but stayed in bed until almost 5:00 AM. This morning I will meet Leslie at the church at 9:00 AM to set up tables and price my rummage. Bob Avery may go. He's not too interested in going.

I ate my cereal breakfast this morning with orange juice and coffee and ate that small piece of coffee cake I brought home from church.  I'm not sure what we will do for lunch. I may cook if we get through at the church in time. If I do, I will make that chicken casserole that includes peas. Bob will bring a salad.

Missy is waiting for daylight so she can go out on the carport.  It will be light in another thirty minutes and I will take her out after I check under the cars for that stray cat.  We were supposed to have had rain after 1:00 AM this morning, but as usual, it missed us. Maybe we will get it tomorrow.

More later....I may take some photos at the church.

We went out at 8:45 and started moving tables and chairs as soon as we got there. Just as I suspected, my daughter and son in law were the only ones there to help. We worked for an hour and a half and got everything done as far as we could. Just before Bob and I left, Leeann came and brought her stuff and some racks.  None of it was priced so I left with Bob as we had planned leaving Leslie and John there with Leslie helping Leeann price her stuff. The rule was to be, if nothing was priced it would be free. I got all mine moved and Karan's moved onto tables. I priced mine. Karan had already priced hers.

I forgot to take photos.

Bob wanted to go to Arby's for lunch and I certainly wasn't going to argue with him. I was exhausted.  So that's what we did.  He came home with me and did his laundry and took a nap on my sofa.

When I took him home I went to get gas and it had gone up to $2.29.9 so I went out to South Coffeyville (two miles south) and it was still $195.9 there. I filled up. 

I read all afternoon and finished two magazines. Later Bob came over to watch the news. Later, after he left, I tried my best to watch the 25th anniversary of "The Civil War" by Ken Burns. It had been redone in high definition. I stayed with it until 9:00 but just couldn't stay up any longer and went to bed.    

No comments: