Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday and Another Big Day

Today will be another big day. First of all I will load the cakes into my car trunk and pick up Bob about 8:15 for our trip to Independence. Tenth Street Road is closed so we will  take Sunflower Road and that is clear across town. The only alternative would be to take the detour and that is a gravel road several miles out of the way.  After we deliver the cakes, I will get my hair done and then we go to the Merle Norman store there and I will try to get my moisture emulsion and some lipstick. After that we will run out to John and Leslie's to pick up three pounds of ground beef. I want to have spaghetti on Thursday and am out of ground beef. Then we will stop at Great China and have lunch. After that we will take Sunflower Road back home so I can take Bob home and go on to work. It will be close.

Yesterday was a horrendous day at work. I didn't finish putting away DVDs until 4:25. All that time I was on my feet and when I got home, I was exhausted.  I tried to stay up until 9:30 so I would sleep better and that seemed to have worked.

Thursday I have my review with Aime. I hope she has somewhere to move me this time. In November, I will have been at the library for a year. It is the most exhausting job I have had yet. The inventory was bad enough but now I am on my feet for 4 hours and up and down off the floor as I put away the cases for the DVDs and the new fiction books.  Getting down is not all that hard but getting back up is a struggle. Since I fell over at Marilyn's on Saturday, my back has been stiff. I don't even have a bruise though. My arm is nearly well.  It took a scrape that took off a layer of skin. It didn't even bleed and looks better every day.  It will be fine. But at my age, falling could be a real problem. Luckily I have no osteoporosis.

More later.....

We had a good lunch at Great China today. 

Today was a little easier at work. I finished putting away the DVDs by 3:00 and then put away the new fiction books. Then I did some shelf reading. That allowed me to sit down on a stool a part of the time.

My son-in-law, John, went to the doctor today and my daughter went with him. He stepped on a rusty nail in a board a week ago Monday and went in Tuesday for a tetanus shot and some antibiotics. The foot got a lot worse over this past weekend and so he decided to go back to the doctor. The doctor put him in the hospital for IV antibiotics. He had an MRI and they found that his circulation in his feet was good. John has diabetes. Tomorrow they are going to operate and drain the fluid from his foot. It was very inflamed and very sore today.  Leslie has been with him all day. I took some cards up to him this evening after work. I stopped by before going to work this afternoon too.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I sure hope aime can find a new assignment for you. This one is too difficult.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree! It has been a struggle from the first.