Monday, November 2, 2015

Monday and a Busy Day

I will clean house today here at the apartment. I'll wait until a little later so I won't disturb Jeannie, next door,  with the vacuum sweeper. I did my laundry last night while watching the game.

I slept pretty well last night but have been having heartburn now and then and took a couple of Tums while watching the movie and a couple more in the night at 1:00AM. Both times that took care of the problem. I slept well after that. I didn't eat any supper, not even my usual yogurt. and that may have been part of the problem. I have always had a cast iron stomach but lately have been having some heartburn. It's probably the mileage.

I will call Cathy in a little while and see if there is any chance of getting my hair done today instead of tomorrow. Tomorrow is Leeann's mother's Celebration of Life and we will also serve a dinner. It will be close if I have to have my appointment tomorrow. The Celebration of Life is at 10:30 and my hair appointment is at 9:00. It's my color and cut day too and that usually takes an hour. We have a three mile detour off tenth street road and the detour is rough.  I also still have to take the cakes up to the Christian Church tomorrow. Lot's of complications.

Missy is waiting patiently for her treats so I will get back to this later.......

I managed to get my appointment changed to 11:00 today.  That will simplify tomorrow.  I will bake my cake tonight for the Christian Church and the cherry pie cake for the Celebration of Life in the morning.  We will have a 1:00 lunch today. I will fix tuna cakes and fried potatoes with a veggie. Bob will bring his coleslaw. We will have fruit and cookies for dessert.  I will mix up the tuna before I leave this morning.

I wanted to clean this morning but may do it this afternoon instead.

More later this afternoon...

I got the house cleaned before I went to Independence to get my hair down. She worked me in at 11:00. I came home afterward and fixed dinner, That worked out fine and I baked my cake afterward. Later, after it cooled, I iced it.

While Bob was still here, Karan called to see if Bob was still here. I told her he was and was in the bathroom. She said that was fine but not to let him know she had called.  I agreed.  When Bob walked in he heard the conversation because I always have the speaker on so I can hear without straining. She called back a few minutes later to say she was talking about "her" Bob. He had been acting very strange and spacey lately. She was worried about him. She found him at his brother's house. He was supposed to have been bringing her cake to me at 1:30 and had not come home.  She called his doctor and the doctor said to get him to the emergency room for a brain scan. It may be a TIA...a mini stroke.  I went by and picked up her cake and her salad for tomorrow's dinner after the Celebration of Life.  I put her cake in my car trunk and took the salad out to the church.

When I got there, my daughter was there cleaning and I helped her a bit and took the trash  and put a new bag in the trash can there. I also ordered flowers for the services from the church members. They will be delivered in the morning at 9:00... at the church. My daughter will be there then. There is a family meeting this evening at the funeral home. That helped to run up the cost for the family.  Any time you use their facility, they charge extra for that.  Funeral homes take advantage of the grief of the family. This family has no insurance money at all. Lots of stuff going on.

When I left the church, my daughter was going down to Bartlesville to pick up bulletins for the service.  Then she was going to go home and print them.

Lots going on right now!

Later all the girls brought their cakes over (and Bob) and I loaded them into the trunk of my car.  I will drive up to Independence tomorrow and take them to the First Christian Church for their dinner tomorrow evening.

Right now, I've had my bath and am ready to sit and watch TV with Missy in my lap...until 9:00. But first...I need to call Karan and see how the hospital visit went.

Later....

It was worse then any of us thought. Bobby has been diagnosed with a frontal lobe brain tumor. He is in CRMC, our hospital here in Coffeyville, and Karan stayed there last night with him.  They say he will have to have brain surgery. I suppose he would have to go to Tulsa to have that done.  We do not have a neurosurgeon here. What a tragedy. Who knows what comes next.


No comments: