Monday, January 4, 2016

Monday and Housecleaning Day

This will be a busy week.  I have my hair appointment in Independence tomorrow morning and it's time for my haircut. Thank goodness!

Thursday noon I will meet with the Ministerial Alliance. Then that same afternoon at 3:00 I have a meeting to help plan the Martin Luther King Day celebration that will be held on Sunday afternoon the 17th. We will be awarding  the Nellie Briggins Community Service Award to Virgil Horne, the former mayor of Coffeyville and Howard Bredesen, who co-founded the PINCH organization here in Coffeyville with Virgil.  That organization advocates for the minority community. We want to be sure they get a fair hearing for their unique concerns.

Today this morning I will clean house and later fix that spaghetti for lunch/dinner. Bob will bring coleslaw. I have garlic bread and I will put a veggie with the spaghetti. I still have fruit and we will have that and a couple of cookies for dessert. That should do.

Sometime..maybe this afternoon, I want to see if I can get Bob's e-mail working. That's all he lacks to having his computer back going. I have e-mailed my son, Keith, for some advise on that or perhaps even some direct work on it, but he has not been answering my e-mails. They may have been away for a holiday over the New Year.

More later...

The apartment is clean except for the den. Missy is sleeping in there so that room can wait. Everything else is clean.

I went over to Bob's apartment at 9:00 to write his rent check and one for the administrative fee there. While there, a minister who lives there, came in and began preaching a sermon for us. He was very nice so we didn't object but finally, I had to leave and get back home. So I excused myself and he and I both left. In about an hour and a half, I will begin fixing our lunch. It's almost 10:00 AM now.

I did hear from Keith, and I am to call him after work this evening and he will either walk me through the steps or use his program to do it himself from Phoenix. I hope he can get Bob's mail going again.

More even later...

The spaghetti and broccoli turned out well and I sent some spaghetti home with Bob for Thursday. I will be going to Ministerial Alliance myself on Thursday. He brought coleslaw and I mixed it up. I still do not want his cold. I have enough runny nose problems myself with my allergies.

I fooled with the e-mail program myself this afternoon and finally got it working. I have a couple of issues I will still need Keith to check out but the worst is done.

More even later...

By the way, these puppies are John's dog, Speck's. She is half Jack Russell and half Rat Terrier. Now the father of these pups is their registered Corgi, Hoover. Hoover was very busy there awhile ago. Now Mini and Speck are both very busy.These puppies are a week and a day younger than Mini's Corgis. But like all puppies, they are cute as a bug's ear.




And what do you know....my son's new house is being framed up today. I was really amazed. It seems to be taking a long long time to get that house showing. This is Waterman's Bluff in Florida. .

 
Here are some more!

 
Their Master Builder..
 
More news later....

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The home is in a beautiful place!

Margie's Musings said...

It will be. I can hardly wait to see it.