Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday and Game Day and PINCH

This will be another busy day. I have a 9:00 doctor's appointment and then I will come home and fix lunch/dinner for Bob and me. After that, I have game day at 1:00 at the senior center. Then at 5:30, I have the regular monthly PINCH meeting at the Presbyterian church. So I should be tired this evening. This morning before I leave for the doctor's office, I will bake my brownies for game day this afternoon.

I slept fairly well last night.I woke up three or four times with my legs and the toes on my right foot aching. My hands were also sore. Finally, I got up and took a couple of Aleve. That didn't completely help but it was better and I got back to sleep. Finally I got up a little after 5:00.

I've fed Missy and myself breakfast. I had a small banana and oatmeal and orange juice. Now I am having my coffee and Chai Latte. In a little bit I will get those brownies in the oven.

We didn't get  the snow after all....yet.  Maybe we will get it this afternoon although I doubt it. Coffeyville is the lowest area in Kansas and much weather misses us. It just goes right around us.

I'm back from the doctor's office now. I had very good blood pressure this time 131/68. He did want me to have a pneumonia shot. So I had that and got my blood work done too for my thyroid. I did run onto black ice and when I got out of the doctor's office, it was covered with snow. I scraped my car windows so I could see to come home.  I drove 20 miles an hour and also walked flat footed so I wouldn't slip and fall. 

Bob is coming over any time and I will go ahead with dinner in a few minutes.

More still later....

Dinner turned out well. I did find out one thing..or two. The game day at the senior center is NEXT Wednesday instead of today. So I have brownies for tomorrow evening's Living the Question group meeting.  I will get  some vanilla ice cream to serve with it or use the butter brickle I already have.  I will not make my Apple Brown Betty after all. I need to use those brownies.

Bob went home to take his nap and I ordered another book to read from Amazon for my Kindle since I finished the last one.  I will read this afternoon since the weather is so snowy. They also cancelled the PINCH meeting because of the ice.

More even later...

Here Hoover checks out one of his puppies.

 

Bob came over to watch the news with me and left at 7:00. We will see what the weather looks like tomorrow afternoon before we make a decision about the Living the Questions group.  They did call off the PINCH meeting this evening. It's supposed to snow or have a mix this evening.

No comments: