Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Wednesday and Bunco at Asbury

I will probably go to exercises this morning. I left early on Monday to take my CPU in to be shipped to Keith after V & S Variety opened.

After exercises, I will come home and vacuum the apartment. I never got that done on Monday. Then at 11:30, Bob and I will attend the last Lenten Luncheon at the First Baptist Church.  After that, I will go out to Asbury Village and play Bunco again. That starts at 2:00 and goes until 4:00.  It is something to do with some different fellowship.

This evening at 5:30 is the PINCH meeting. I hope there is a good turnout. We are having the hospital's lawyer, Doug Bell, come to talk to us about extending the 1/2 cent sales tax to help fund our hospital.  We certainly don't want to lose our hospital here in Coffeyville. Independence, 12 miles north of us, had Mercy Hospital pull out of their community last year. That left them without doctors since the hospital was their primary funding.

Now there are dozens of houses there in Independence for sale. No one wants to lose their community hospital. Ours is one of eight city owned hospitals in the state. With our idiot governor refusing to expand Medicaid in Kansas and Medicare cutting down on payments to doctors and hospitals, it is harder to retain our doctors in a community of 9,000. And our hospital is now serving a lot of Independence residents.  We are the nearest hospital to Independence and also in Montgomery County.  Jane Phillips Hospital in Bartlesville, is now owned by St. John's out of Tulsa. Bartlesville is 40 miles from here and in Oklahoma. The other Kansas hospital would be 30 miles away at Parsons in Labette County. There are projected to be18 other small Kansas hospitals in danger of being closed.

So, as we can see, retaining that 1/2 cent sales tax is very important to the community.  The hospital is funding a special election to decide that question on April 5th.

More later....

This is the latest on my younger son and daughter-in-law's new home. They are putting the stucco on now.

 

More later....

I picked up Bob for the Lenten Luncheon and it was very good. Then I came back home and raked and  bagged more leaves. I worked about an hour and a half then I cleaned up and went to Bunco. I had a good time and won a drawing for a cookie can.

When I got back home I read the papers and then got ready to go to the PINCH meeting. I hope there is a good turnout to hear Doug Bell explain the need to continue the 1/2 cent sales tax for our hospital.

More later...Right now I need to get Missy' treats for her.

We only had about ten at the meeting. Neither Marilyn or Sharon came and I was disappointed. Both the hospital administrator and Doug were there. They didn't seem disappointed but I was.  Marilyn did call to tell me she wasn't going to be able to attend. I imagine her daughter-in-law showed up unexpectedly. She has done that repeatedly.

But Sharon is our treasurer. I was really disappointed that she didn't come.

Later, about 8:30, I texted her that we missed her and she texted me back that she thought the meeting was on Thursday. PINCH has always been held on Wednesday evenings at 5:30.  So that didn't make much sense. She did say she had accidentally reported Thursday evening to be the meeting day to the newspaper.  I think she's been working too hard. She didn't get away from her store until 8:00.

Oh well, the meeting went well.

I got to bed about 8:45. I was exhausted. I had worked and hour and a half raking and bagging leaves again.

No comments: