Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesday and Game Day at the Senior Center

I slept well last night even though the storm did move in later. I think it was about 2:00 when I heard a lot of wind and rain. When it gets light I will go out and see how my newly planted plants fared. Missy wants to go out right now but I told her "no, not until it gets light".

I've had my oatmeal and juice and am having my coffee right now while I work on this blog. I fed Missy first.  She always has very little food in her dish by morning. She gets her treats first and then some fresh food in her dish.

I will go to exercise class this morning and then come home and fix goulash. Bob is supposed to get some garlic toast and bring a salad. We have invited Karan for lunch.  I really need to run to the market some time today. I need six or seven things.  Among them, I need half and half for my coffee.

After lunch, Karan and I will go to game day at the senior center. Bob does not go. I think he takes a nap instead. I will need to fix a dessert for that. It will probably be brownies.

Yesterday I put the last of my bird feed in the feeder and the birds really enjoyed that.   Then I fixed my hummingbird feeder and hung it out too. It will be interesting to see if both survived the storm.

More later......

I went to the Dollar Store and Country Mart to buy some groceries early this morning before exercise class. When Bob came by later to pick me up for exercise class we saw lots of damage from the straight line winds that hit here after midnight. Our end of town had no damage but the blocks from the 600s into town had lots of trees down.

When we got home and he dropped me off I started my brownies and later the goulash. Bob brought a salad and the garlic toast. It was all good and I sent some home with Bob and Karan and also Marilyn R.  Marilyn R. gave me some of her fudge after the game day at the senior center. I gave her some of my leftover brownies.

When I got home about 4:00, I took Missy out on the patio to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. Soon I will take her in and we will watch the news, Bob will be over after 5:30 to watch the CBS news with us. After he leaves I will take my bath and sit with Missy in the recliner and watch Nature and Nova on PBS. 

This is the back of my son and daughter-in-law's new home. He posted it today on his facebook page.


Even the back is pretty, isn't it?

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I love all the covered outside areas!

Galla Creek said...

Is Christopher and banks like a Dillard's.
We don't have them here.