Monday, June 27, 2016

Monday and Lunch with Myra

I will have lunch with Myra today. Bob will be on his own. Every once in a while I like to meet Myra for lunch and this time she contacted me. Her husband died right after my Bob died so we have some other things in common besides our church affiliation and a long time friendship.

I slept well last night and got up shortly after 5:00 AM and made the bed and dressed.  I still have the nagging cough from time to time and that annoys me. I don't know what I can do about it. I am nearly out of the cough medicine and it has only helped me sleep at night.

Missy is patiently waiting for me to feed her (and myself) so we can go outside. She loves to go outside.  So maybe I should take a hiatus from this and get our breakfasts.

More later...

O.k. We both had our breakfasts and then went out on the patio for an hour before coming back in for me to begin organizing my files again. Maybe they will be easier to access now.

In about thirty minutes, I will leave for Bartlesville. In the meantime, I believe I will send myself the files that make up the Congregations directory. I can save them on the laptop computer that way too...as a backup.

I had a great visit with Myra and although she is only 73, I learned she had had a TIA and spent a week in the Joplin hospital since I last visited with her.  She has an irregular heartbeat and that evidently contributed to it.

I got home shortly after 1:00 and read all afternoon.

Phyllis brought her cake by and later Karan brought hers over. Karan stayed awhile and visited. After she left I baked my cake and after it cooled, I iced it. All I lack now is Bob's. He will bring his out when I pick him up at 8:15 tomorrow.

Later around 5:30, Bob came over to watch the news and left about 6:00 since there was nothing on TV worth watching. I would just cancel the cable if Scott hadn't gone to all that expense to buy me a new TV, table and Bose sound system. I do enjoy PBS and that saves the day.  I sometimes watch old "All in the Family" shows too.  I like "Nature" and "Nova" and "American Experience" and sometimes, "Frontline". I also watch "Forensic Files" too if the episodes are new. Right now much of TV is summer reruns. The previews of the new upcoming shows look like nonsense to me. There's entirely too much violence and sex. No wonder society is going to the dogs anymore.

I took my bath and went to bed at 9:30. 

No comments: