Saturday, June 11, 2016

Saturday and the Last Day of Conference

It will be good to get home. This is the first time in 50 years of Conferences that I've gotten sick. I have struggled through the last three days.  I woke up at 2:00 this morning with a coughing spell. I probably woke everyone up but I couldn't get it stopped. I drank a cup of water and finally hung my head a bit over the bed and that finally stopped it. I am packed and, except for my meds, ready to put my bags in the car.  I will pack those after breakfast.

Bob A. tells me Missy, my cat, is really unhappy. She is so spoiled. He too will be glad I am back.  I imagine she has tried his patience.

More later....

It took us from !0:30 until 2:30 to get home today. We stopped at Olathe to have a light lunch. I had broccoli cheese soup and an apple and water. Leslie had something a little heavier.  We got home and Bob A. was there. He had been waiting for us. Leslie was afraid he might catch whatever it is I still have. My voice is still nearly gone but it is better then it was earlier when I had none at all.

When I got home I finally found the bulletin I had made up before we left. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to change the date and it still had May 22nd on the top and my name as presider. That's why I initially couldn't locate it. I changed the date with a ball point pen and put Bob's name as presider on it and printed it off again. I still forgot to change the date before I printed it off though.

I watered the flowers and dead headed them and also watered the poor tomato plant. It was partly wilted again. I took Missy out for awhile but she does not like the 97 degree heat at all. She ate some grass and then was willing to come back in. Maybe I can take her out after it cools down a bit later this evening.

More later...

I just got to feeling worse and worse and finally took my temp. It was 100 degrees.  I just took my bath and went to bed at 8:30.


No comments: