Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Tuesday and Another Trip to Bartlesville

This will be a huge day! First I will drop by the Sunshine Shop and get gas for my car. Then I am picking Bob up at 8:20 to go to Independence to get my hair done. After that, he will drop me off at Juanita's so I can balance her checkbook and when I get that finished, we will eat lunch at Big Cheese. Then I will take Bob home to Coffeyville and go to Bartlesville to have the airbags replaced in my car. I had the recall notice on Monday and I will have to wait for them to install them. My appointment is at 2:00.

So hopefully, I will sleep well tonight.

Missy is waiting for her breakfast and so am I. I really need to go to the market but I am running short this month and will need to wait until after the first if at all possible. My Blue Cross/Blue Shield comes out on the 28th and that is nearly $300. This has been a rough month what with the car insurance and the apartment insurance and the first hearing aid payment. All that was an extra $500.

Next month I will have the taxes and tag for my car....another extra $140. not included in my regular budget. My electric bill this month was $105 and next month, it will be a lot worse. I will borrow from my savings again. I miss my part time job at these times.  This fall after it cools off, I will repay these loans.  Just musing....

Back to this later...

Well I took Missy out at 6:30 but after an hour I had to bring her back in. She was determined to go around to the east side of my apartment. Then I went to get gas for my car.

I mentioned that I watched the convention last night. Here's my feeling. I'm going to trust Hillary.

 To me, it's what we want our children to admire. We made one terrible mistake in letting the Supreme Court elect Bush/Cheney and just look where that got us...into a guerilla war...much like Vietnam. Trump has no attributes I can admire and I certainly wouldn't want my great grandchildren to emulate him....an egomaniac....... and that's the kindest thing I can say about him. I watched the interview of Clinton on 60 Minutes Sunday evening...and I'm going to trust her. If you've ever read her books, (and I have read them all) you can see what a smart and caring person she really is. It does take a village and she knows that. I also admire the way she was able to forgive Bill and stay in the marriage. 

More even later... 

I picked up Bob at 8:20 after getting my car gassed up. I took him to his sisters and went to my hair appointment. After that, I went to Juanita's to balance her checkbook. First I helped her fill out five pages of medical history for the eye doctor who is going to try a laser surgery to try to restore a part of her eyesight.  That ran me later so I was late picking up Bob for lunch but we got it done anyhow. Then I took him back to Coffeyville and picked up Karan and we went to Bartlesville to get the passenger side airbag replaced. It was on recall. After that, we went to the mall and she did quite a bit of shopping.  I bought four 40% off sale tops. I had put quite a few of my tops in the rummage bag for the Presbyterian Church sale. They are the ones that are now too large. 

We got home about 5:00 and I took Karan home. Bob came soon after that to watch the news and one episode of the rerun "Big Bang Theory" episodes. He left at 7:00 and I took my bath and Missy and I watched the Democratic Convention. 

The best part was Bill Clinton's speech. I stayed up for that. Hillary had the nomination.  Bernie graciously nominated her by acclamation. 

Then Missy and I went to bed.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

If you are having this heat wave like most of us the electric will be much higher yes. I imagine that my bill will double from the usual. I don't have whole house a/C ..just some window units. I usually do not run them unless it is really bad out as I prefer the fresh air, but yesterday it was 88 degrees by 10:30 in the morning. Crazy hot day .

Stay cool as you can with all of your running around today ! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Deb. I will make my best effort. Thanks for caring.