Thursday, August 4, 2016

Thursday and Laundry

I slept well again last night.This morning after I got my bed stripped and the sheets in the washer, I fed myself and Missy and as soon as I finished the crossword puzzle and it got light, we went out on the carport. She is being good again this morning and lying on her white mat enjoying the outside. I watered the flowers and cleaned some spots off my crops. She remained good...so far. I never count on Missy behaving. Sometimes when  I get busy with this blog, she decides to sneak off.

Today. will try to get some housework done.  I will be gone a lot tomorrow. Bob and I will go on to exercise class, probably skip the cinnamon roll and coffee and come back to change our clothes for the funeral. I need to figure out what to wear tomorrow. I notice I have lost five pounds again.

We will have chicken tenders and fried potatoes today with a veggie and coleslaw. I still have watermelon that Karan gave me for dessert.

We will eat lunch over at Parsons tomorrow. Sunday we plan to go over to "Just Us" and Monday  I have invited Marilyn and Karan here for lunch again. We will have meatloaf and boiled potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring another coleslaw and Karan will bring dessert. As usual, on Tuesday, I will go to Independence for my hair appointment and we will take cakes to the First Christian Church again on the 9th and we will eat at Big Cheese.

I will worry about next Wednesday later....it will probably be another casserole dish unless I find some pork cutlets or something else interesting at Country Mart.

More later...

I brought Missy in at 8:00. She had been out two hours and it was beginning to get hot. We are sitting here in the den. I got my bed remade after washing and drying my sheets. Now I am just killing some time. It's only 9:00. I may go up to Country Mart and see what kind of meat they have for next week. I really need hamburger patties but I always get those at Peck's in Dewey and I haven't been down there since the before the first of the month when I took Karan with me.

So more later...

I mostly just stayed in out of the heat today and read the book Gay sent home with me. Bob said his car gauge said it was 102. I did get the kitchen and bathroom cleaned but didn't do any vacuuming. I will vacuum on Saturday afternoon. I did find some pork tenders at Country Mart and we will have them sometime next week....maybe Tuesday.  

Bob came over at 5:00 and I fixed some popcorn while we watched the news. He left at 6:00 and I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner until 9:00 when we went to bed. It was kind of a dull day. But I needed a dull day. Tomorrow will be very busy.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sigrid is 11 years old, 6th grade. She going to try to play oboe in the
Band. Sigrid is very wise for a little girl. She is not really like her sisters.
But she may change. I sure hope she stays humble and kind.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. She seems older then 11. Maybe she's just wiser.