Thursday, October 13, 2016

Thursday and a Dental Appointment

At 9:00 this morning I got my teeth cleaned. Afterward I came home and went over to Karan's to take her that stick that is supposed to cover up scratches. She tried it and it looks a lot better. She laid her fingernail polish remover down lid down on a new table and it removed the finish. She was just heartsick. She wanted me to stay and visit so I did. She is having a hard time working through losing Bobby. He was really the love of her life. He was so good to her and they had just been married about 7 years.  In fact, Bobby was good to everyone.

Anyhow, then I came home and Bob came over to get me and we went to eat at El Publeto. It had been a long time since we had eaten there. Afterward I went to look for another of those cases that protect your cell phone. This new one is so slick, I am sure to drop it. I couldn't find the one I was wanting. So I ordered one from Amazon. I hope it is the one I am wanting. Anyhow I have it coming. If it isn't the right one, I can send it back...or just settle.

I read this afternoon, made out a birthday card for Mary Beth and got it out on the mailbox before the mailman came. I saw Ron and Jan Elias out at Walmart. They are such neat people.  Jan worked with Leslie when Leslie managed the cable office years ago.

I cleaned the apartment after lunch and then Bob came over and did some laundry. He checked his computer and his bank account while he was here. I balanced my checkbook and worked on my budget. I owe a little over $1700 on my car. I would love to pay it off but I am afraid to spend the money. At my age, you never know what will come up.

More later...

Bob came back at 5:20 and we ate the last of the butter brickle ice cream and watched the news. He wanted to watch a football game so he went home a little early.  I watched some TV with Missy and finally, at 9:00 , we went to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You almost have reached your goal of no car payment. You
will get it payed off. Not long!

Margie's Musings said...

I certainly hope so, Sister-Three!