Monday, March 13, 2017

Monday and Exercise Class

I will go to exercise class this morning.  It will be a cold, cold day.

I slept well last night. I had just been asleep thirty minutes and Judy texted me and woke me up.  The women from our Living the Questions group want to meet for lunch at Eggberts on next Tuesday. I usually take Bob with me to Independence to get my hair done and then afterward we eat out up there.  I will need to tell him about my change of plans.  That means he will have lunch on his own next week on Tuesday.

Judy said two of the group could not meet on that Monday or Wednesday, and the day after that Tuesday, Marilyn is leaving to go somewhere. She does a lot of traveling. Good for her! She has Parkinson's Disease and she wants to travel while she can.

Mona is on Spring Break from the college this next week and that's why they want to meet her for lunch. She has a PHD in physics and teaches that at the community college in Independence. Mona has a hard life. Her husband, who is retired from the army, has a brain tumor and is to have surgery soon to alleviate pressure on the brain. He has a memory problem and I am not sure how serious his tumor is at this time. He has had it for a year or so. They also have a 16 year old son and that can also add stress in her life.  I wish there was something I could do to help her but the fellowship of our group is about all I can offer.

Scott, my younger son, texted me today and we had good a texting visit. He is good about staying in touch.

Bob and I will have our beans and cornbread at lunch again today. I also have some more cupcakes and cookies...the last of the cupcakes...for dessert.  

Wednesday is another exercise class and at noon another Lenten luncheon and in the afternoon we will have a Bunco game  at Asbury Village.

Thursday we will have our goulash again with some more garlic toast and a salad.  

Friday is cinnamon roll day at Utopia. I never like to miss cinnamon roll day! They are terrific!  We may have the leftover meatloaf that day for lunch with baked potato and salad with a veggie.

Well....more later..I'd better get myself in the right frame of mind for exercise class.

It is terribly cold out today but nothing like those in the northeast are suffering. I have never wanted to live any further north then Coffeyville, Kansas.  On days like this, I know why!

Lunch was beans and cornbread again and we gave the remainder to Marilyn R. She was glad to have it.

I stayed in this afternoon. My daughter texted Karan and me and asked us if we would like to meet her tomorrow afternoon for lunch and a movie. So I will go to my hair appointment by myself and Bob will be on his own for lunch.  So I will pick up Karan at 10:30 and we will meet Leslie at 11:00 tomorrow for lunch first and then the movie at 1:00.

I read most of the afternoon. It was terribly cold out. Bob came over at 5:50 to watch the CBS news and stayed to watch an old Big Bang Theory program. After he left I took my bath and put my pjs on and did a load of laundry while Missy and I watched TV until 9:00.  Then I folded out my laundry and Missy and I went on to bed.  I was awfully tired again. Hopefully I can get right to sleep.

No comments: