Sunday, March 19, 2017

Sunday and A Busy Day

This will be a busy day. I will go to church this morning and then afterward we will go to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch. After that, when I get home, I will get my newsletters ready and out on the mailbox. Sometime this afternoon, I would like to get a nap. I didn't get much sleep last night...what with the water problem. I was also concerned about the possibility of mold. Hopefully everything will finally dry with Bob's fan in there.

I wonder if, when the plumber finishes the repair, he will test to see if the leak doesn't continue to pour out from under the sink again. I use that outside faucet to water my east side flowerbeds. I sure don't want to go through that mess in the kitchen again.

Last night when I was ready to go to bed, I found that my pillow, which I lay in the space between the bed and the nightstand, had been went. The water seeped under the wall and the bedroom carpet  was went where the water went under the stove and then under the wall to my bedroom carpet. I left Bob's fan on it all night and all morning.

We will have a guest minister today. She brings her husband and they go to "Just Us" too and sit with us.

I will need to make a sign for next Sunday. The congregation has rented a van and are going en mass  to Independence, Missouri, for a special worship serve at headquarters. My daughter is in charge. Some of us are assisting her. I have the scripture lesson. Karan has the offertory remarks.

So...more later....

I got the sign made and put it on the front door at church.  We have two more seats in the van.  We leave at 6:30 Sunday morning. I have sent out three letters today so perhaps we can fill those seats.

We had lunch at "Just Us" and the guest minister and her husband joined us there. There were five of us altogether.  The others went their separate ways.

I don't know if there will be 60 Minutes tonight or not. There are basketball tournaments. They don't seem to realize that not everyone is a basketball fan.

More even later...

60 Minutes was on at 7:00 and I had just had my bath and settled down with Missy on the sofa. So I turned it on and watched it.

Missy and I went to bed about 9:30. ...later then usual. 

3 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A busy day indeed / I hope that the water issues are resolved!

Galla Creek said...

If I lived I. Kansas, I would grab a seat on your church bus next Sunday!

Margie's Musings said...

And I would love to have you go, Sister-Three