Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday and Cake Day

Today we will take our cakes to Independence to the First Christian Church for their regular dinner this evening. I will also get my hair done and go by the Merle Norman store and buy my makeup and mascara. Then Bob and I will go out to Walmart to buy Missy's litter. They don't carry the brand I want in our Walmart. It's called "Slide" and it doesn't stick to the litter box.

I slept really well last night. In fact, I didn't wake up until 4:55. Then I just got up. My regular time for rising is 5:00 anyhow.

I got a really nice Mother's Day card from Keith and Esther yesterday.  It was late but I imagine with the training on Keith's new job, he hasn't had a lot of time to look for a card. It was good to get it though. I could tell he looked hard for just the right card.

Bob and I will eat at Big Cheese this noon. We alternate between Big Cheese and Great China on Tuesdays. We don't have anything like those two here in Coffeyville.

I took Missy out briefly this morning. And I put the solar kitty on the patio to catch some rays to re-charge it's batteries. I hate to leave it out there when I'm not here. There are some people in the area I don't know. Unfortunately we can't trust just everyone anymore. It's a different world then the one I grew up in.

More later....

I picked up Bob and his cake at 8;45 and we headed to Independence. I stopped at the church and we took the wreath inside. The hook on the outside wall was gone. We will have to do something different with it to hang the wreath.

After we delivered the cakes we went to the Merle Norman store and I got my makeup and mascara. Then we headed  out to Walmart where I found the litter and we both bought some more Zyrtec. I have only three left and Bob took his last one this morning.

As soon as they opened, we went to Big Cheese and had their small pizza. It is really good. 

Then I took Bob home and I came home. The solar kitty was still there on the patio...thank goodness. It is probably fully charged by now.

Missy, as usual, was in my chair. I told her to get down and amazingly...she did.

More even later....

I got every room in the apartment vacuumed and cleaned except for the dining room. Missy was in there and she hates the vacuum cleaner.  I will vacuum it tomorrow sometime.

We have decided to take Marilyn and Karan and go back to Sedan to eat at Buck's Bar B Q again if it isn't raining tomorrow. There's a 20% chance of rain tonight. There is very little chance during the day tomorrow. So we will wait and see.

Bob came over early...just after 4:30... and wanted to go over to Braums and have an ice cream cone. I've never been one to turn down an ice cream cone so we took his car over there and he bought. It was certainly good!  Then we came back and watched the news. He left early. He was having a hard time staying awake. I lay with Missy and channel surfed trying to find something on TV worth watching. It was difficult. In fact, I finally gave up, took my bath and got ready for bed. At 9:00...I'm ready to go to bed now.

No comments: