Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday and Another Doctor's Appointment

I slept well last night. Of course, I took Zyrtec and that seems to help since it dries me up.

Today I will take the four cakes up to Independence to the First Christian Church and then get my hair done. Then I will go down to Bartlesville for my 11:00 doctor's appointment with Dr. Peacher.  I want to stop by Walmart and get some Decon for the church. I found mouse feces in the kitchen oven drawer and in the storage room near the high chair. We had put Decon out in the nursery and kitchen but it evidently had not had time to work. I cleaned up a mess in both areas on Sunday.

I took Missy out for a little while this morning while I drank my coffee and then after I put her back in I went to the bank and got some money for the week and also walked down to the Dollar General store and bought some trash bags. I took mine out to the church Sunday. They were completely out.

More later...

Everything worked out like a well oiled machine.  Bob went with me and we delivered the cakes...then I got my hair done and we headed for Bartlesville to the appointment. First we stopped at Walmart in Bartlesville and bought the Decon and some small styrofoam cups for the church and then went on to Dr. Peacher's office.

I didn't have to wait long. They took me right back and soon he was in the room with his nurse. He examined the surgery and said the bladder was only a little bit distended at the bottom. Everything was still attached just as he had done it and he thought I would be fine. He said he could give me some meds to help with the feeling of incontinence.  I was elated!

Furthermore, he was very congenial! It was "sweetheart" this and "sweetheart" that and "just call me if you need anything...anything at all". I thought perhaps he had a twin brother who was congenial. It was like night and day. :)

I will not have to have the surgery done over. Soon I will have the bunion redone on my left foot and perhaps I will be as good as new....just older. I texted Leslie to tell her. She called me to make sure she understood me.  Bob and I went to Dink's for Bar B Q afterward and when Leslie called she said I should go back and get those samples he offered me. When we finished lunch we did that.

Now I will lay down with Missy and rest. What a surprise!

I laid down for at least an hour and slept like a baby. I tried to watch TV but just couldn't keep my eyes open.  She is in here on the floor next to me as I type on this blog.

More later...

Bob came in at 5:00 and stayed until 6:30. I fixed us some Apple Brown Betty and ice cream. When he left, I took my bath and got ready for bed. Then I laid down with Missy and watched a new show called "Cold Case". It was interesting.... though rather horrifying . There are 120,000 unsolved murders in the US.

I went to bed at 10:00.

No comments: