Thursday, February 15, 2018

Thursday and House Cleaning Day

I slept well again last night.It helps to have a nice warm kitty snuggled up against you. :)

I downloaded another free option from Amazon this morning. Now I can get some free audio books and even have Alexa read them to me. Neat! I couldn't download that audio app on my kindle because it is a Paperwhite Kindle and they are not compatible with that app.  But I can get it on my PC and even have Alexa read it to me.

I will begin my cleaning now and get back to this later. I am thinking of going to Chanute this afternoon and looking up the Catholic Church location where Tony's services will be held a week from Saturday.

More later...

Gay suggested coming Saturday at 11:30 and having lunch at Opie's. So I will do that.

More even later... I need to vacuum.

I got the vacuuming done except for my bedroom so as I finish this, I will get that done.

I learned today that Cox, my ISP, has limited bulk e-mails to ten. For twenty years, I have sent out 60 e-mails in a bulk e-mail when I contact my classmates. I have them all in a folder and just type in  "classmates" and they all get my messages. I send out news of classmates that pass away and then in January, I attach the class newsletter to the e-mail. Now they have put a new rule in place that only ten at a time can be sent and they may not allow the attachment. So, I deleted the "classmate" folder and have created 6 classmate folders with a number from 1 to 6 following the word "classmates"  I sent out a test and so far it has worked fine. I simply copy and paste the message in each e-mail. I hope this works. So far I have heard from one classmate.

Then.. I am not sure about the attachment either. I may have to send out hard copies to all of them as well as those who have no e-mail.

More later...

I got my bedroom vacuuming done this afternoon after Missy woke up. Later, I worked on doing the folders for the netbook computer.  I got that done finally, did the crossword puzzle and later took my bath and lay down with Missy and watched another episode of that Ken Burns series on Amazon.  

We watched it until it was finished and then both Missy and I went to bed at 9:00.


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Limiting bulk emails keeps users from sending out what we call "spam". I know it
makes it hard for you do send your newsletters, but it also limits some things that
are a blessing.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I understand that but after 20 years you would think they would understand my need.