Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday and the Kansas City Doctor's Appointment

I didn't sleep all that well last night again.

I woke up at 2:00 and went to the bathroom and took my thyroid pill. I went back to bed but Missy came in and softly meowed. That always means a problem. So I got up again to check it out. Sure enough...she had peed on the mat under her litter box. I put that  one in the washer with the other two and my towels and wash cloths and started the washer. Then I went back to bed.

Missy cuddled up against me and eventually, I got back to sleep and woke up at 4:45 again. I just got up at 5:00 and dressed and made the bed and got ready for the day.  Then I fed Missy and myself. I then sat down to watch the news and drink my Chai Latte.

Leslie will be by sometime around 7:00 for our trip to Kansas City.  I am supposed to be there at 10:30. My appointment is at 11:00.  I hope this is the last time we have to make that trip.

More later....

Well I have a clean bill of health. I don't have to go back to see Dr. P. She has released me unless I lift too much and rupture my surgery.  I am not supposed to do any heavy lifting the rest of my life.

Leslie and I got home at 3:40. Karan sent her cake by my neighbor, Marilyn, and Phyllis brought hers over  as soon as she learned I was home..  Bob is working on his now. He will not be going with me to Independence tomorrow. He is taking Joanne for a test at the hospital.

I checked and Missy had peed on the clean mat I put under her litter box this morning. So I put that one in the washer and put another clean one under her litter box. We will see how long that one stays clean.

I am very tired. I had a large lunch with Leslie before we came home. In fact, I brought some of it home for tomorrow.

I went ahead and paid my May rent at the bank this afternoon.  Now I am watching the news..

More later...

Later, I took my bath...the first bath since my surgery...and got ready for bed. Then Missy and I watched a documentary on General George Marshall. He was a great man. I am sure he has a star in his crown for his service to the country. He was the only soldier to ever receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

At 9:00, Missy and I went to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Sign for wheelchair then they push you. U are old enough to deserve this help!!

Margie's Musings said...

I am way too able bodied, Sister-Three.