Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday and A Quieter Day

I slept pretty well last night. I awoke at 2:00 AM and went to the bathroom but took a melatonin tablet and got back to bed and back to sleep until 5:00. Watching the TV, kindle or computer makes it hard to sleep.The blue light they emit, destroys the natural melatonin our bodies make and makes it difficult to sleep. If I take a melatonin tablet, it usually helps me to sleep.

I dressed, made the bed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and brought my checkbook up to date.

In a little while I will drive over to the market and buy a packet of Williams Chili Seasoning. The one I have seasons 4 pounds of ground beef. How I managed to buy that is a mystery to me.  I will buy a regular sized packet for our chili.

I need a few more things and I will buy them there too. Driving six and a half miles out to Walmart  and back destroys any savings the shopper might have.

Today, I may strip my bed and wash the bedding. Right now Missy is in on the bed so I will wait until she gets off the bed to do that.

More later...

The video I had on my facebook page had disappeared and I finally found it on my younger son's page and copied it for mine.

Here it is . My Bob spent three weeks at 09/11  that September for the Red Cross as a chaplain and went back in January for another four weeks. This interview was from the Pittsburg, Kansas TV station.

https://www.facebook.com/margie.miller.5201

Maybe you can access it here or copy and paste it to watch it on this facebook site.

I had asked Rick to come for lunch since Carmen has gone back to Alabama with Alan and pick up Alan's furniture.  But  Rick and I decided to make it dinner instead of lunch. He is very busy on Mondays.  So he will come by after he finishes work this evening. It worked out fine. I had my leftover Chinese for my lunch.

I puttered around and even took Missy out while the weather was nice. She loved that.

Around 7:00 Rick finally got off work and came for dinner. We visited and later he went on home.  He expects to be called out later on. He says Mondays are very busy....after a weekend I imagine.

After I cleaned up after dinner, I took my shower and Missy and I began to watch some more of the program about Savants. I woke up at 10:00 and I turned off the TV and we went on to bed.

No comments: