Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Tuesday and an Unexpected Emergency

I did not sleep well last night at all. I woke up at midnight and my legs were aching. I got up and took my thyroid med and an extra strength Tylenol. That took care of the leg pain. However, I could not get back to sleep. Ar 3:00, I woke up and took a Benadryl tablet.  That usually puts me to sleep. Not this time however.

At 4:30, after I had just given up and got up and dressed and got ready for the day, I checked my messages, Bob had texted me about a problem about 4:00 AM. He was having chest pain and his blood pressure was 185/60. I told him I was awake and dressed and would be right over to take him to the emergency room.  It sounded like it could be a heart attack to me. And since he has A Fib, he is also at risk for stroke.

I got over there immediately. He went on into the emergency room while I signed him in. They ran emsymes on him and called his doctor in. The doctor gave him an examination and decided that it was not a heart attack. The heart emsymes were normal but two of the muscle emsymes were sightly elevated. Bob remembered moving a heavy desk for Joanne a couple of days ago. That's what they decided it must be...an inflamed muscle, but they want him to stay in the emergency room until noon so they can run those emsymes again. If it still appears to remain just a muscle, they will release him and I will pick him up..

I will not call Joanne or Denise, his daughter, since it appears to be a false alarm. Better safe then sorry though.

More later...

I got back in town from my hair appointment at 10:00. Just as I was coming in, I got a text from him that he was being released. he is fine. I went straight to the hospital to get him and I took him home. He bought me a ticket to go with him to  the Salvation Army luncheon. Joanne told him to invite me. :) She is working it.

The lunch was very good and very well attended.

 When I got home I  raked and bagged the leaves from the center lawn again. I think that is three times I have done that this spring.

More later...

I called my friend, Karan, this evening, She had been having problems with her jaw when she exerted herself. She has A-Fib too. So, her doctor did an angiogram and they found her arteries were clear as a bell.  So she had good news too.

More even later...

I took my shower about  6:30 and put my PJs on so Missy and I could watch another Amazon program. We finally went to bed about 8:30. I had missed so much sleep last night.


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

You are the "go to" for many. Hope Bob will be fine.

marlu said...

I am so glad the checked him out! Hope he will get to go home at noon. You are such a good friend!

Margie's Musings said...

They released him at 10:00...just as I was getting back in town. He is fine. They were also able to get him out of pain. Joanne, his girlfriend,is working the Salvation Army luncheon so I am going with attend with him to that luncheon. He bought my ticket earlier. She told him to invite me. :)