Saturday, June 9, 2018

Saturday and a Stay at Home Day

Yesterday, as I mentioned on yesterday's blog,  I called to see how Nancy was feeling and she appeared to be ready to go to Bartlesville but was feeling just a little weak after being sick on Thursday. So we went on down and drove around for awhile. She wanted to see where we had lived when we lived in Bartlesville. We ended up going to Dink's Bar B Q for lunch and each of us had a Bar B Q Chicken salad. We each boxed up half of it to take home for today. After I took her home, she wanted me to stay and visit some more so I did. I got home at nearly 6:00.

I slept pretty well last night. Missy cuddled up to me and that was fine until around 1:00AM when she began her bath. That woke me up. After a half  hour of that. I got up and moved to the other side of the bed. Then I was able to get back to sleep. She must have taken the hint because she settled down.

I got up around 4:30 and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I fed Missy and myself and when it gets light, I will take her out with me while I water.

I was noticing that the words here were a little blurry so I took out my contacts and switched them to the other eye. Sure enough, I had put them in the wrong eyes. Everything is clear now.. :)

So, more later...

I went outside and watered everything and Missy went out too. When I was ready to come back in, she had to be bribed with "more treats". She is in on my bed now taking a nap. I will go wash my car now. I don't believe it's going to rain. The trim around my front window cane loose yesterday and I bought some strong glue and have tried to re-glue it. It should be dry now and I am hoping it will hold.  We will see.

 These are my new flowers that I planted this year. The blue ones finally bloomed. Next fall I will get some help to get another 40 pound bag of Miracle Grow into that flowerbed. Then I will plant even more perennials there.

 Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor

More even later...

And these lilies I planted last year finally bloomed too. This is the above the ground flower box that my son-in-law, John, built for me when I moved into this apartment. Notice the "miniature" rose bush. John said I planted it too deep and that spoiled the "miniature" part. I will cut it back in February.

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

It got hot again this afternoon and Missy is driving me crazy wanting to go outside. It's 90 degrees out there and humid!

What do you know...that glue I used to reattached that rubber gasket that came loose from around the windshield worked! It held! I power washed the car and it still held.

In about 10 minutes, at 6:00PM  the news will be on and I will watch that.  At 7:00 I will take my bath and put my PJs on so Missy and I can watch Amazon Prime.

At 9:00 we will go to bed.  I hope I can sleep through the night.  I took a short nap this afternoon and I never do that for fear it will spoil my night's sleep. We will see.

.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Love the flowers--all so pretty. I have one of those lilies and it is blooming.

Margie's Musings said...

Leslie, my daughter gave that to me for last year's Mother's day. I love it.