Sunday, November 25, 2018

Sunday and Church

I slept very well last night. I woke up twice to go to the bathroom but got back to sleep until 5:00AM, my regular time to get up. I dressed and fed Missy and myself. I thought this might be a quiet time to get to my blog. The antenna on the TV works well unless there is wind. This morning we have wind so it is peculating badly. If it does that this evening I will just catch 60 Minutes in the morning on Amazon Prime.

Betty will be meeting her cousin this morning and I will get myself ready for church when she is up and out of the den. My dress clothes are in there. Right now I am just wearing the jeans I had on yesterday. They were in the bedroom.

After lunch today, sometime this afternoon, I will need to bake my apple brown betty for dessert.  I also want to get some vanilla ice cream to serve with it. I am hosting the Living the Questions group at 7:00PM next Sunday evening. 

John R's  funeral is Wednesday at 2:00PM in Neodesha. Our church  is to bring salads and desserts for the noontime funeral dinner. The VFW of Neodesha will provide the rest of the dinner and it will be held at their senior center there in Neodesha. I will take coleslaw for that. I will pick up Phyllis and Karan at 6:00PM for the family meeting Tuesday evening.

I woke Betty at 7:00AM and she got ready for the day. She slept well but must have got cold in the night. She had one of my sleeping bags from the den closet down and over herself. I am glad they were in there. My extra blanket is in the bedroom closet.  While she got herself ready to meet her cousin, I fixed her some bacon and eggs for her breakfast.  She loaded up her car again and left about 8:30AM to meet her cousin at 9:00AM. She will meet her at McDonald's.

I found my brown slacks and changed from my jeans. I cleaned up the mess I had made in the kitchen and am ready for Phyllis to come pick me up. She called a little bit ago to tell me for sure she was driving this morning. Bob had called earlier. He is leaving church early right after church school class to go to Joanne's for dinner. She is fixing a turkey and trimmings and whatever they have left, she is donating to her church. They are having a dinner there later.

Phyllis will be here shortly so I had better be ready. I will get back to this later.

We had a great service at church today. It was mostly to memorialize John R.  Lots of prayers for the family and testimonies of him.

Afterward we went to El Pubulito for lunch. Then I came home and made my apple brown betty a week early. I was thinking the Living the Questions group was tonight here but it's next Sunday night. I took the apple brown betty over to Marilyn's with the vanilla ice cream and we enjoyed a treat. I gave her some more for later.

I came back home to watch 60 Minutes but the wind was up and it piscalated a lot. I will watch it tomorrow on Amazon Prime.

Missy and I watched Amazon Prime until 9:00PM when we went to bed.

No comments: