Friday, December 14, 2018

Friday and Another Rainy Day

I slept pretty well last night. I was awakened at 11:38PM with a text message from Judy reminding me about the party at their house this evening at 5:00PM. It is a game day and we are to bring finger foods. It was sent shortly after 10:08PM but did not come through until 11:38PM  for some reason. I did manage to get back to sleep, thank goodness! I texted her to not text me after 9:00PM. That's when I go to bed and to sleep.

I also heard from an old classmate, Dean K. He has a farm nearby Coffeyville and wants to come  down from Topeka and check it out and also take me to lunch and dinner. He wants to crash here at my apartment overnight. I told him to come ahead!  I told him Betty H. came a couple of weeks ago and we had a great visit. Missy and I moved in on the trundle of the daybed and I gave her my bed with the new box springs and mattress for her overnight... and I would do the same for him. I sleep well on the trundle and Missy loves it because she can just take one step and be up on it without having to use the ottoman to jump on the get up on the bed. Maybe he will come before the weather gets bad this winter.

I got up this morning about 4:00AM, went to the bathroom and took my med. I had a sore throat which I attributed to sleeping with my mouth open. I took a zinc lozenge, just in case. I sure don't want a cold just now....or ever.

I had a great piece of news yesterday. My daughter, Leslie, called to tell me that her place of business would print off my 8 page newsletters at a minimal price and I could save my old printer from all that work. I need 62 copies.  I already printed off the envelopes and I will send the others off as attachments to e-mail. The 62 are just the classmates who do not have e-mail. I will still need to fold them and stuff them and stamp them but that is nothing compared to printing all those letters off.

It's 4:45 now and I guess I will get myself dressed and fed and ready for the day.... more later...

Both of us have been fed and are ready for the day. Missy is even in on the bed again. I have been reading my book with one eye and watching the Tulsa news with the other. :) I am not interested in the Tulsa news...all killings and fires. But I do want to watch The CBS news at 8:00AM.

I don't have a plan for today except for Judy's party this afternoon at 5:00PM. I don't know for sure what kind of "finger food" I will take.

I went to the grocery store and saw one of my classmates who had just lost her husband in July.  We visited about how important your friends are when you are trying to get through the grief. We saw six or seven different people there that we both knew.

I have celery.... so I will stuff some with pimento cheese and some with peanut butter in a dozen of so 1 1/2 inch pieces  of celery.

Keith called and we talked for over an hour. He was trying to figure out how to move my blog to his blog site. I hear that Blogger is intending to shut that site down that I have use since 2007.  He wants try try to salvage the information although I imagine I will lose the photos. He is such a joy! He has a heart of gold!

I got my finger food finished and got over to Howard and Judy's at 4:45. I was the first one there but the others soon came in.

We ate our finger food and then played dominoes all evening and had a good time. Later Judy served pie. I drank some "sleepy time" tea.

Howard and Judy will be gone for four weeks so there may not be a meeting at Mona's and Richard's on the 6th of January. It depends if Joyce is still in town. If Joyce isn't there and is deployed and  Howard and Judy are still in California,  Richard and Mona may choose to cancel theirs. If Joyce is still in town on the 20th, we will meet at her house or at Mona and Richard's since it will be their turn if they cancel on the 6th.

Right now it is 9:45 and I must get to bed. I am way past my bedtime. I do hope I can sleep after all the excitement of the evening.


1 comment:

clairz said...

Margie, you have me worried with news of a Blogger shutdown. I can't confirm that anywhere. Where do you find that information? Thank you.