Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Wednesday and a Trip to Coffeyville

I slept a little better last night although I woke up several times with my arm aching.  Finally I just got up at 5:00AM. I got myself ready for the day and had my coffee and Chai Latte,

After I dressed and got around for my trip to Coffeyville, I opened the front door to find Scruffy gray cat and one of the yellow cats waiting for their breakfast.  They ate all they could and left.

I have quite a bit to do while I am at Coffeyville. I will go to the bank first and get some money and then pick up Bob for breakfast at Eggberts. After I take him home, I have an 8:45AM hair appointment...and boy, do I need that!!!It has been six weeks since I have had a haircut. I have trimmed on the sides over my ears myself but it is generally all out of shape.

I don't believe I need gas since I really haven't been anywhere except to Sonic for a lunch and to Dollar General. But before I come back home, I will need to go to Walmart. I have quite a list of things I can't get at Dollar General. I also want to get mulch for my flowerbed and paint so I can paint the birdhouse. I sanded it yesterday. I may be able to get everything at Walmart. If not, I can get those things at Orchelon's.

Next week will be a nightmare. Every day but one we will have rain. I am ready for some more sunshine. I have no idea which day I will have the yard mowed. I will just have to play it by ear.

It is about time to get ready to leave for Coffeyville. I had better get ready to leave and load the groceries into my car. I want to give those to Bob and Joanne.  They will be able to use them. I took what I could use.

I need to get the plants in or I guess I can leave them out unless we have wind. I don't think it will rain today.

More later in the day.....

Bob and I then went to breakfast at Eggberts. After that, I went out to Woodland and Cline and washed my car.. Now it's clean inside and out. I had cleaned the inside thoroughly yesterday and even cleaned the upholstery and carpet and now I will put it in the garage so it will stay that way during these rain storms we have forecast here all next week.

After I took Bob home, I went to my hair appointment. We are required to wear face masks in the beauty shop. Even the men getting their hair cut have to wear one..I found out from Bob that Janet at the senior center made each of the board members face masks. That's good! He's covered. His haircut is next week.

After getting my hair done I went out to Walmart and bought $38.00 worth of groceries and a bag of mulch for my flower bed.. Then I dropped by the Medicine Shoppe and got my prescription.. Then I came on home. I have my dinner in the microwave so I will get back to this later.

More later...

For a microwavable meal, that was pretty good. It was beans and rice...pretty tasty.

I looked out the front and Scruffy was out there wanting food.  So I took a bowl out to him/her and he/she ate it all. I brought the bowl back in.

I started painting the birdhouse I had sanded yesterday l bought some craft paint and brushes and got three sides of it finished and let it dry for one hour and gave that a second coat. When that dries, I will turn it over and paint the other side and the roof. I have painted the birdhouse lavender and will paint the roof purple. I will let the other side and the roof dry an hour and then put a second coat on that. When the entire birdhouse is dry, I will spray it with semi gloss clear in hopes that will protect it. I also want to repaint the words Ginger's mom wrote on it before I do that though. It's after 1:00PM now. I will do that painting after 2:00PM.

It's been a big day already and I still have that flowerbed to mulch. I bought a big bag of red Scott's mulch. I can't lift that bag so I will cut it open and then scoop it into a bucket I have and dip it out of the bucket scoop by scoop. Then I will refill the bucket until I have the flowerbed mulched. That mulch will help keep the ground moist.

More later....About 2:00PM, I will finish that painting. Right now, I will begin with the mulching.

Here's the larger flowerbed. It took 8 buckets of mulch to do.

 Image may contain: plant, flower and outdoor
The red mulch really shows it up. This one is under the den window.

Here's the small one...

 Image may contain: flower, plant and outdoor
It only took two buckets of mulch. It is the front by the front door.When I finish painting the birdhouse, I will post a picture of it. It's been an hour and a half since I put the second coat on the birdhouse. It only takes an hour to dry.

So, more later...
 Image may contain: indoor
My latest project. The birdhouse had developed mold so yesterday I sanded it and today I painted
 it.  I need to print over the words that are on it to make them show up. Also when the job is completely finished I will spray it with a sealer.  Ginger's mother built this for me in 2015 Somewhere on it is a lot of information. .When I am finished, it will show up again.

I took my bath at 7:00PM and watched some "Forensic Files"  on Amazon Prime  and went on to bed at 9:00PM. I was very tired. It had been a big day.

No comments: