Thursday, June 11, 2020

Thursday and Cleaning

I slept pretty well last night. The brace moved around a bit and I had to adjust it several times. But it sure beats trying to sleep without it.

Scruffy and two of the yellow cats were waiting for me to bring them breakfast this morning. The two yellow cats are still eating but Scruffy has gone back across the street to wherever it is she lives....under that gray shed. One of the yellow cats is Big Tom and the other is one of his adolescent kittens.

I have have had my oatmeal breakfast, coffee and a breakfast bar already.

I will do some cleaning this morning starting with the bare floors, dining room and den. If I can hold up, I will do the bedroom and living room too. But it will be after the Tulsa news and the CBS news.

After I finish cleaning I will get back to my book . I would like to go to Chanute to see Gay but she may not be up for that because of the colonavirus. We will see. As it turned out, Gay is away on a trail ride with friends and will call me back tonight.

More later....

I moved all the chairs out of the dining room and all the decorative accessories too. Then I vacuumed that room and the halls.

I tried to call Nancy to see if she wanted to go to lunch at Copan but there was no answer. So I went by her house and this time, she answered the phone...but once more she was sick. So I guess I will just eat a frozen meal again.

 So now I will vacuum the bedroom and den and the living room.   So more later...

O.K. I got the entire apartment vacuumed and the bare floors washed. Tomorrow all I have to do is dust and wipe down all the cabinet tops. Then on Monday, I will strip the bed and wash the sheets and remake the bed with different clean sheets.

Scruffy has been back twice this afternoon to eat. She eats just a little when she comes but then wants to come back several times during the afternoon.

Last evening I patched the torn screens on the window on the west side of the living room. I patched it a couple of weeks ago but with the humidity and rain, the patches came loose. I imagine they will do the same again in time.

There are a few things I would like to have done if I just knew someone who could do them, For instance, I would like the windows washed inside and out. I have my long time sprayer to wash windows that always worked great wherever I have lived. When I moved in here, I washed the den window that way but when I came into the apartment, the water had leaked around the window and into the apartment and the carpet was wet under that window. I was appalled. That had never happened before.

I have used Rinz E-Z and those two sprayers for years and have never had that happen before. In fact, that solution cleans the windows right through the screens and cleans the screens too. The window came clean but that window must not be tight and it must have leaked around the fitting. So I am leery of trying to wash the rest of the windows for fear they would also leak into the apartment.

And I don't think I am up to climbing on a step stool out there and taking the screens off and washing them and then also washing the windows inside and out. But I don't know anyone that does that here in Caney.

I guess I will get back to my book again. So, more later...

I read for awhile and am on page 102  now. I have only read 1/5 of that book. It is interesting but will take me awhile to read.

I was working on the desktop computer and Gay called me back. Their trial ride is tomorrow and she was exhausted after getting her RV ready for the trip. She also had to hook up the horse trailer.  There are four of them going on the trail ride.

I had a banana for my supper. Then I had another breakfast bar too. I could fix the rest of my microwave popcorn too. I'll see how full I am first.

Scruffy and the two yellow cats came for supper. I fed them and they left so I brought in the food.

It is nearly 7:00PM now and I have just had my bath, watered my plants and have my pjs and the rotator cuff brace on.  I will either read or play solitaire on the computer until 9:00PM and then go to bed. I got an awful lot done today. I still have my dusting to do tomorrow. And I want to wipe down all the countertops too.

No comments: