Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wednesday and a Restless Night

I don't know why but I woke up several times in the night and had trouble getting back to sleep. That's unusual anymore. It's 4:30AM now and I got up to check if I had enough in my checking account to cover the rent, etc. It will be the 8th before I get my Social Security and that's earlier then usual so it shouldn't be a problem. It's just one of those restless nights. Too much sitting around reading, I guess, and too much TV. I may as well just stay up now.

Later, I will check with Bob and see if he wants to go to breakfast at Eggbert's in Coffeyville. I will need to go to the bank, get my hair done at Toni's, go to the library there, get stamps at the post office, have a light lunch, and then go to the senior center for Bunco. Afterward, I will go to John and Leslie's for her birthday doings. I hope her gift comes today. She is concerned about me being around the folks that she works with because of the virus. I may just drop off her gift later and come on back home.

More later....I need to make my bed and get dressed.

I called Bob when I didn't hear from him earlier and he had already had cinnamon toast for his breakfast so we will do breakfast another day.

I have been thinking about Leslie's concerns about exposing me to her co-workers and decided to take that concern away from her. She is right anyhow. Her co-workers have been exposed to all sorts of people there at the crisis center and she was concerned that I might be exposed to the virus and at my age I am most at risk,  So I told her this morning that I understood her concern and would come early before they came and be gone before they got there. I will put her gift in the car and take it with me to Coffeyville even without the other part of it.

I still have my errands to run in Coffeyville besides my hair appointment and the Bunco game.

So, more later...

The afternoon worked out fine. Janet took temperatures  at the senior center.

I left at 3:00PM and went out to Leslie's. I only stayed an hour and left after she gave me my home made ice cream. She seemed happy with the wine

 I know there are troubling memories about this year. I know every time of our lives , even the worst of them have their good memories too but I believe this year has been one of the most depressing in ten years. I hate being isolated from my family and friends....but I have dealt with it. I have done a lot of things I usually never have time for.,,,cleaned out drawers, weeded out old stuff from my file cabinet, worked on my flowerbeds...lots of stuff like that. I refuse to stay depressed.

It is 5:30PM now and I am watching the news.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath and later at 9:00PM go on to bed.

3 comments:

Kay said...

I’m glad you’re being safe, Margie. It’s really a scary time and getting worse.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand, Kay. I'm trying to be careful. You and your family be careful too.

Donna. W said...

Seems like this mess is going to last forever. Depressing indeed.