Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Tuesday and An Oil Change

I woke up a couple of times in the night and finally got up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed for the day. I have a 10:00AM appointment at the Honda agency in Bartlesville to have my oil changed. While in Bartlesville where gas is cheaper, I will buy gas. Then this afternoon at 1:00PM I will pick up Nancy to take her for a drive. She is supposed to be dressed and ready to go. We will see.

I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.

I heard from Pam Green this morning about her brother's condition. He has covid and is in pretty bad condition but so far is holding his own. He is at Kansas City Med Center...the only hospital in the area where they had a bed. There was nothing in Wichita or in that immediate area. He is on oxygen but so far not on a ventilator. We are having church on Sunday and I want to be able to report his condition to the congregation.

I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" on TV and see if we have rain forecast for today.  Yesterday we were forecast for rain on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Wednesday, I get my hair done in Coffeyville and will go clean the church afterward  and Thursday is my "Mystery Tour" and Friday I have nothing scheduled but Saturday is Gay's class reunion at the Coffeyville Country Club that evening. She will stay overnight with me that night and drive back to Chanute the next day on Sunday morning. We have been forecast for rain every day this week except today and Friday. That may be a mess. I will hope for the best.

More later...It's 5:48AM now and too early to check on the cats. 

The cats both came for breakfast and when they finished I took the leftover food into the garage and covered it. 

I read until time to leave for my appointment at Honda in Bartlesville. When I got to the appointment , they told me they had a "special"...it was the ordinary oil change and a complete "going over" of the car for $101.00.  I told them I would not pay $101.00 for something I had always had done for a special of $19.95 in the past. I left and went to Tate Boys and had the same exact things done for  $52.00. Even that seemed a lot higher then the $38.00 I had paid one time in Coffeyville but it was half as much as the Honda dealer there in Bartlesville so I went ahead and had it done. I will check with Josh Elliott here in Caney the next time it needs to be done. I got back to Caney at 12:30 PM. In a little while I will go see if Nancy still wants to take a drive. 

More later... 

Nancy was "indisposed" and had been sleeping all morning. She said she ached all over. She was still in her nightgown and robe. I left and came home and read the rest of my book. 

It is 2:35PM now and I haven't eaten any lunch. I had breakfast about 6:30AM this morning. I may just fix myself a peanut and jelly sandwich. I should eat something and peanut butter has lots of protein in it.

...and that's what I had for lunch!

It's 4:35PM now and I just talked to me son. He and his wife are being transferred to Germany sometime in the next month or so. He says his wife can come back every month of so to se her daughter and grandchild. And they intend to come back once a year for three weeks and see our entire family.

They will rent their place out and  sell Esther's car and the job will send his Mercedes over there for transportation. They will get a huge raise. Rent in the nice places the department of defense provides is $5,000 a month. It is paid for by the department.

I went to the market just now and bought bananas and a frozen dinner. Tomorrow after I clean the church, I will stop at our Sonic and get a child's Wacky Pack dinner...2 chicken strips, fries and a small coke...for $2.18 with tax.

It's 6:20PM now and I will take my bath at 7:00PM.Then I will read some more.My Kindle is charging again so it will have to be something else to read. At 9:00PM I will go on to bed.

No comments: