Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Supermarket Political Advice

I was at the local supermarket this morning, waiting in line to check out my groceries and the woman in front of me reached back and picked up one of those supermarket tabloids, "The Globe". You undoubtedly have seen this rag. The headline screamed "Hillary Sex Scandal!" and it talked about Hillary being gay and having a gay girlfriend. I said nothing to the woman about her choice of news source.

She, however, (a perfect stranger) asked me who I was going to vote for and I answered, "Hillary". She was appalled. She said, "How can a Christian vote for Hillary. She doesn't know how to tell the truth and neither does that husband of hers." I said nothing. Finally, she said, "If you're a Christian, how can you vote for Hillary?" I said, "Hillary is a Christian too, you know." She shook her head and walked away.

Later, I wished I had said something to her about her choice of a news source but I figured anyone that ignorant wouldn't have listened to me anyhow.

You can almost understand why our founding fathers wanted only the educated to vote.

2 comments:

Sansego said...

I worked with a lady like that for a year and it was hard to believe the ignorant things that came out of her mouth.

You should have told that lady that Bush is exactly the kind of person Jesus spoke out against.

I would've ripped into her and probably insulted her choice of reading material.

Those tabloids have also written about the pending divorce of George and Laura Bush, because of jealousies over Condi's close relationship with the president! Do I believe that trash? It's hard to believe that there are people who do.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, Nicholas but when someone is so obviously ignorant, I hesitate to try to correct them because their minds are made up in advance.