Friday, May 16, 2008

New sign at church


Well, we finally got our new sign painted at the church. The other one wore off after eight years. This one has a five year warranty but Darren Brady, our sign painter, told me to give him a call if we had any problems and he would keep us happy. The sign looks lovely. It took a month longer then I thought to get it done because the weather has been so unpredictable. I went out there and met him on Wednesday afternoon after he finished it and paid him for it. Sunday, the congregation will see it for the first time. I hope they are as happy with it as I am. This one is the official colors and font for the world church.

4 comments:

Sansego said...

I'm impressed! It's the best looking church sign I've seen (because of the light emanating outward). Most signs I've seen are the standard "official church logo" (the name of the church in that lettering style on solid blue).

I was just thinking recently why our church had to change the color from yellow seal on a purple flag. I loved that about our church because purple is rarely used in any flag and it was symbolic of royalty. It's the one change I did not like in the "Transformation 2000" re-branding.

Do you know the details on why it was changed from purple to blue?

Margie's Musings said...

No, I don't Nicholas, but you could e-mail the church and ask. They're real good about answering my e-mails. Or, better yet, express your feelings in a letter to the editor of the Herald.

Sean Langdon said...

I agree with Nick! Best CofC church sign I have ever seen!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you so much guys. Our sign painter and designer is very good.