Sunday, August 31, 2008

Busy Sunday

We had church this morning and I went early to print the bulletins. We had a pretty good crowd for a holiday weekend and several of us went to Chinese restaurant to eat together afterward. Then Bob and I came home, he took his nap and I made the dessert for this evening's class. We have "Living the Questions" group twice a month on Sunday evenings. I also did my "We missed you at church today" notes for those who weren't there and some "Thank you for attending" notes for the guests.

After I got the dessert finished and the mixing bowls cleaned up, we went to Wal Mart to get dog and cat food and some other small things we needed. It was amazing what we spent. $28. for dog food, cat food, a light bulb, Cool Whip and motor oil for the mower. Then we stopped at the market and Bob went in to get two tomatoes for our dinner tomorrow. They cost him $2.45.....for two tomatoes. Amazing!!

At seven, people will begin coming to the meeting. I hope that dessert is good. I made Judy's pineapple cake dessert.

5 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

Cool whip and motor oil for the mower? I didn't know they ran on that? Maybe you're on to something big! Lol!

Judy said...

I can't believe how much everything has gone up. I told Patsy she was going to be rich with all those chickens because they cost so much at the grocery now. I hope the cake was a hit for you.

Margie's Musings said...

It was wonderful, Judy. Everyone loved it. Thank you so much. Now I need another great simple recipe for next Sunday evening.

Beth said...

Well, Margie, I wish you were my next-door neighbor--I'd give you all the tomatoes you want! Our harvest is huge this year.

Margie's Musings said...

Ours are all green. We've had about six so far this summer but they seem to be hard and the insides are not quite ripe no matter how long we leave them on the vine. There are 20 on the vines....all green.