Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Cookout

This is a holiday we always have family for a cookout. However, this year our daughter and son-in-law as well as the son in Saint Robert, Missouri have made other plans so we invited my sister and brother-in-law and a widower friend for our cook out. We will eat in the house so we can avoid the flies. My famous baked beans are in the oven.

We hosted our "Living the Questions" group last night and that went well. I served Judy's pineapple cake dessert and everyone loved it. We had seven. The other six were either out of town or had made other plans. But it was a good small group. We discussed the resurrection. It was an interesting discussion. It went all the way from believing in the literal resurrection to believing the resurrection was metaphorical, since neither Paul nor Mark, the earliest writers wrote about it.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like a good gathering. I am glad the dessert was a success. I guess you have heard about the cobbler recipe where you only use 1 cup sugar, 1 cup self-rising flour, 1 cup milk, and one stick melted butter. Mix and add one can of fruit pie filling of your choice. Bake at 350 until brown on top. Serve with ice cream. Yummy!
I make this with cherry pie filling or peach or blackberry.

Margie's Musings said...

It was and your recipe was a hit. Thanks for the new one. I was going to make apple brown betty but I have made that before.