Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Infomercial

Bob and I just watched the Obama infomercial and he just laid out the same plan he has laid out every time he speaks but he does it with such conviction that one has to believe he can do it.

This ad, which aired on CBS, NBC, Fox, BET, Univision, MSNBC, and TV One, was powerful. If this doesn't put the man in the White House, it will be because of America's racism.

I particularly liked it when he said, "I will not be a perfect president, but I can promise you this, I will always tell you what I think and Where I stand." That's so refreshing after eight years of a man who cannot bring himself to admit he was wrong.

He discussed health care as well as the nation's economic problems. He stressed his plan to offer tax cuts to the middle class and raise taxes on those who make over $250,000 a year. And, once again, he referred to our present situation as the "final verdict on eight years of failed policies." The video showed a lot of his supporters as well as ordinary people.

McCain, whose campaign could not afford to do this, sniped at Obama. "He's got a few things he wants to sell you. He's offering government run health care, an energy plan guaranteed to work without drilling, and an automatic wealth spreader that folds neatly and fits under any bed." Sour grapes, I'd say. McCain needs to check with FactCheck.org.

The ad did not appear on ABC because by the time they decided to sell Obama the time, the buy was already made.

Obama's eldest daughter, Malia, 10, was afraid the ad was going to make her miss her programs. Obama had to tell her that they did not buy the Disney Channel. That relieved her.

This is a good and decent man and we don't see a lot of those in Washington. I urge all my readers to vote for him.

Oh, as a postscript:

Joe the Plumber says Obama hates Israel. The Republicans had better put a bucket over that guy's head. Between him and Palen, they are going to lose all credibility with intelligent voters.

2 comments:

Linda said...

My daughter called me from Texas and said "Wow!" I'm so pleased my children are getting to see this. I wish my little grandson was old enough to understand the significance.

I'm reading a book called "The Faith of Barack Obama" by Stephen Mansfield. I think you would enjoy it. I certainly have found it interesting.

When this is over Obama needs to get down on his knees and thank Hillary Clinton for putting him through the fire. She shaped him into a much more seasoned and stronger candidate. It was rough on both of them but he's a better man for it.

Margie's Musings said...

I agree, Linda. I hope he has some kind of reward for her.