Monday, October 27, 2008

Quiet Day

This has been a welcome quiet day after all the exciting events of last week. I did some cleaning this morning then after lunch Bob and I went to the market to pick up a few things for dinner.

My friend came over this morning and we discussed at length her problem with her married daughter and their relationship stalemate. I agreed to be their go between as an objective outside observer who loves them both. I believe we have the dilemma solved. I have e-mailed her daughter our suggestion for the compromise. I am waiting for her return from work and her answer. It will be wonderful if this problem could be solved. Sometimes communication is all that is needed and she had refused to communicate with her mother but would communicate with me.

I have read the rest of the afternoon and Bob has read and slept. Even Missy Kitty is sleeping here behind me on the daybed. It is brisk out now. I dread winter.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Margie, you're so right, communication is everything. My husband has a twin brother and his family is constantly at war. For years I've been the go between. I spend hours every week listening to their troubles. They've been very dysfunctional for more than 50 years and I don't expect that to change.

I'm glad you're having a quieter week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Linda. My family is at peace with one another. Family is everything to us. It's the only thing
that we have until death parts us.