Friday, December 12, 2008

Bartlesville Trip


Bob and I went to Bartlesville today. That's about 40 miles. Gas there is $1.38.9...the lowest in the nation. While we were there, we filled up. It cost me $16.00. It cost me $35.00 earlier this year. Quite a difference, isn't it?

I was looking for a brown sweater. You would think that wouldn't be a large order but l could not find what I was looking for. They were either terribly plain or slim as a reed and good for people who weigh 98 pounds or something like that. Needless to say, I do not weigh 98 pounds. I need a woman's sweater...not a junior sweater.

We went to lunch at Garfield's I love to eat there, even though it's really pretty expensive. Today we had a meal that included refried beans and I have been suffering all afternoon.

We dropped by our daughter's home and looked at the small progress that has been done on their new home. It is truly slow going.

Our son-in-law is going to have a booth at the Arts and Crafts Fair at Cherryvale tomorrow. He did that last weekend at Independence and did have some sales. What they really need to do is put up a web page and sell online. They have a very poor location in the country. And the business is a nitch business. It's lodge type accessories. They have lots of "fish accessories" but, let's face it, not everyone is a fisherman.

We came home after that and Bob took his nap. I read my book (the one called "Blink") and finished it. Bob is reading it too so it will be out for awhile.

2 comments:

Janice Lois said...

Glad you have enjoyed your trip, it was so nice.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was, Janet. Thanks for visiting my blog!