Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Independence Ministerial Association

This has been a busy day. I went to Independence to have my hair done and then picked up Juanita for breakfast. After we finished our breakfast and visit, I took her home and then went to Wal Mart to buy gifts for four children whose parents are out of work and who will need Christmas gifts from our congregation if they are to have a Christmas. One of our congregation has donated a turkey and we have a huge basket of food to take to them too.

I need to get those gifts wrapped before Sunday.

Then I went to Independence Ministerial Association. Bob came up for that. There were 15 in attendance. We have had good attendance the past two years. It used to be six at the most. Then Mercy Hospital started buying our lunch and as I always say, "if you feed them, they will come." I have had several ministers who do not attend ask what we were doing in the community. At our meeting, I proposed that we submit a news story to the Reporter to keep the community advised of our activity. Everyone agreed it was a good idea. So the secretary will send a synopsis of our meeting for a news story to the Independence Reporter.

Later we came home and I sent out letters to my congregation with the new schedule for the next quarter of responsibilities. Then I fixed some soup for dinner.

I just took my bath and guess I will read this evening after the news.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I guess there are a lot of people who will need help this Christmas with toys and food. That used to be one of the things we did every year when I was working. You always amaze me at all the stuff you do in one day!

Margie's Musings said...

I just have to do what I have to do. I make a list each day and work down the list, Judy.